News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Would I have gone to prison?

Started by MyelinSheath, May 15, 2017, 06:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 16, 2017, 03:22:28 PM
I was wrong. The biker was perfect. I deserved to have him knock every tooth in my head out. I'm an evil murderer and I intentionally tried to kill him. Thanks for only looking at it from his point of view. I mean why would you even consider the point of view of an evil murderer like me?

I am perfect.  I won't forgive any of you.  I will burn you all! - G-d
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 16, 2017, 03:32:53 PM
Someone please delete my account right now. I will be damned if I'm going to stay here and listen to people insinuate that I'm a could-be murder. I've never harmed anyone in my entire life. I've never even been in a fight ever. And I have had opportunity after opportunity after opportunity to be in such situations. I have always turned the other cheek and avoided violence. Not a single goddamn post in this fucking thread ever even attempted to look at things from my point of view. I was an evil scumbag murderer from the beginning. I mean, almost everyone in this thread asserted a priori that I intended to kill the man by merging. How fucking dare you? I'll be damned if I will remain a part of this piece of shit community. Fuck every single one of you.

You insinuate that you have Dirty Harry fantasies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 05:21:44 PM
What if you live in someone else's car?

Then the owner can just have OnStar gas you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 16, 2017, 04:08:52 PM
Oh go eat a bag of dicks.

Don't encourage the gay members, unless you plan on providing the entertainment ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 16, 2017, 03:32:53 PM
Someone please delete my account right now. I will be damned if I'm going to stay here and listen to people insinuate that I'm a could-be murder. I've never harmed anyone in my entire life. I've never even been in a fight ever. And I have had opportunity after opportunity after opportunity to be in such situations. I have always turned the other cheek and avoided violence. Not a single goddamn post in this fucking thread ever even attempted to look at things from my point of view. I was an evil scumbag murderer from the beginning. I mean, almost everyone in this thread asserted a priori that I intended to kill the man by merging. How fucking dare you? I'll be damned if I will remain a part of this piece of shit community. Fuck every single one of you.
lol No one is going to delete your account. We don't delete here. I'd be more than happy to put you in Purgatory, if you like though. Let me know how you feel about it

Shiranu

QuoteSomeone please delete my account right now.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 16, 2017, 03:22:28 PM
I was wrong. The biker was perfect. I deserved to have him knock every tooth in my head out. I'm an evil murderer and I intentionally tried to kill him. Thanks for only looking at it from his point of view. I mean why would you even consider the point of view of an evil murderer like me?

Get over yourself.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hakurei Reimu

I like it how Sheath was full of piss and vinegar about us not looking at things from his point of view, when his point of view is the only one that was presented, and all that we had to go on to judge his actions. And that story made him sound terrible. Mr. Biker isn't here to defend himself, yet he is the one who comes off as the better person in this story. A story that consists solely of MS's point of view.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Sheath wanted us to join his Pity Party.  Sorry, that pinjata is already broken.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on May 17, 2017, 12:51:51 PM
Sheath wanted us to join his Pity Party.  Sorry, that pinjata is already broken.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Troll bin for sheath? Yay or nay?

Mermaid

It would have been wrong, yes. This is precisely why I loathe the gun culture in this country. You diffused the situation by leaving the area, which is the exact right thing to do. Pulling a gun on him would have been the exact wrong thing to do. Perhaps he had his own gun. You just never know.

Using a firearm in anger is wrong.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Gawdzilla Sama

Most people who carry a gun for self-defense most likely have never tried to kill another human being. Until you do  you don't know if you can. It's more probably that the other person will stick that gun up your ass and clear your sinuses.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 17, 2017, 07:26:30 PM
Most people who carry a gun for self-defense most likely have never tried to kill another human being. Until you do  you don't know if you can. It's more probably that the other person will stick that gun up your ass and clear your sinuses.

Dirty Harry fantasies, are best kept to FPS video games.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 06:36:10 AM
Today, the worst incident I've ever had on the road occurred. I was trying merge into the left turning lane at a traffic light and there was a guy on a motorcycle (with his girlfriend on the back) about 2 car lengths behind me already in the left turning lane. I give my signal with ample time for him to see it and start aiming my nose in so as to indicate I'm trying to get in. The guy keeps going and doesn't let me in. I have to get over so I try my best ease in. We get stopped at the red light light, and the guy pulls right up beside my truck and screams at me, "I'm going to drag you out of that piece of shit truck and beat the shit out of you!" This angered me so I flipped him the bird and said "fuck you". So he proceeded to turn off his motorcycle and get off to come "drag me out my truck"
I guess. I darted off when he did this because the guy was obviously bigger than me and could have destroyed me. But I couldn't help but think afterwards that if I had had a gun I could have pulled out  and pointed at him when he tried to walk to my truck, he would have immediately become not such a tough guy anymore. Would I have been in the wrong had I done this? What if he was beating on my truck trying to get in and I shot him? Would I have committed and big crime? Or would it have been viewed as self defense? What if I had killed him? It's just hypothetical. Thanks.

You were in the wrong the instant you thought you had a right to the lane occupied by the motorcyclist merely by signalling your desire to change lanes.  Your request, your urgency to change lanes, and the motorcyclist's refusal to grant your desire are entirely irrelevant.  You stay in your lane until access to another is safe and granted.

Your thoughts of more violent response would subject you to jail time if acted upon, and if I were on a jury of such a case, I would put you there without much hesitation.

Violence is the last resort of the incompetent. 

And if you are concerned that I have some bias about it, I don't personally like most motorcyclists.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!