News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Would I have gone to prison?

Started by MyelinSheath, May 15, 2017, 06:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyelinSheath

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 15, 2017, 08:44:03 PM
Why should we believe your version of events? You might just be slightly biased. I used to handle auto accident claims for a major insurance company. People usually told the version most favorable to them.
Any biased account I would give would be more accurate than the strawmen you people are giving. Leaning towards the conclusion that I actually tried to kill this guy by running him off the road. I've never in my life.

Mike Cl

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 07:08:13 PM
Yeah the guy could have actually drug me out and beat the shit out of me and you guys would still say he's a perfect little angel and that I was a scumbag murderer, wouldn't you? You guys are dead set on me being evil, aren't you? To say that what I did was trying to kill this man by trying to run him off the road is one of the most absurd and decisive strawmen I have ever heard. The man had multiple car lengths to let me in and he knows it. I clearly signalled my intentions way in advance. Sure, maybe it wasn't the smartest decision. But it would have given him no right to do what he was clearly about to do if I had hung around (assault me). I have never purposely hurt anyone, And have never engaged in road rage. 

So I'll give you all what you want. That guy is a perfect angel who has never, and will never, hurt anyone in his entire life, and was absolutely justified to beat me within an inch of my life. He is perfect and precious in every way. I, on the other hand, I am an evil scumbag who intentionally tried to kill him on the road. Everything I do in my entire life is spiteful, mean, and evil. I am an evil individual who should be thrown in prison for first-degree murder. This is far less a strawman of what you guys are saying then your depictions of what I'm saying.
Poor, poor pitiful me...........................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Ah, hell, prison's not as bad as it's made out to be in the movies.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 15, 2017, 09:50:31 PM
Ah, hell, prison's not as bad as it's made out to be in the movies.

I hope that is sarcasm ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 07:08:13 PM
Yeah the guy could have actually drug me out and beat the shit out of me...

I kinda wish he had now, douchebag.

You know, if you want people to feel sympathy for you, maybe don't instantly start telling them to fuck themselves because they have a different opinion than you, and then saying don't respond unless we will circle jerk with you.

The way you're behaving, I wouldn't be surprised if you're leaving out that you also pissed in his shoe, fucked his wife and kicked his baby.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on May 15, 2017, 11:04:35 PM
I kinda wish he had now, douchebag.

You know, if you want people to feel sympathy for you, maybe don't instantly start telling them to fuck themselves because they have a different opinion than you, and then saying don't respond unless we will circle jerk with you.

The way you're behaving, I wouldn't be surprised if you're leaving out that you also pissed in his shoe, fucked his wife and kicked his baby.
and shat in his mom's mouth

MyelinSheath

What can I say? You guys were determined that I was the evil party from the beginning. There's not a single post were any of you allowed for the possibility that he could have been in the wrong.

Hydra009

Me just watching the sparks fly

PickelledEggs

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 16, 2017, 01:16:33 AM
What can I say? You guys were determined that I was the evil party from the beginning.

Well, you asked; we answered.

I can tell you this... I'm not too sure how I feel about having a could-be murderer on the forum. Something goes the wrong way, you might commit manslaughter. Don't worry, I'm sure you'd have great excuses, though.

Baruch

At least most of us have gotten past dwelling on violence, or encouraging it in others ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 09:14:03 PM
Any biased account I would give would be more accurate than the strawmen you people are giving. Leaning towards the conclusion that I actually tried to kill this guy by running him off the road. I've never in my life.
Again, why should we believe you? I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm trying to establish the validity of your claim. Unsupported statements should always be treated as "unproven".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 16, 2017, 03:57:10 AMI can tell you this... I'm not too sure how I feel about having a could-be murderer on the forum.
Does hypothetically killing baby Hitler count?

chill98

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 09:14:03 PM
You missed your turn.  You are supposed to be in position to merge into the turn lane BEFORE actually arriving at the entry into the turn lane.  Without seeing the markings on the roadway you used, it is likely you were making an illegal merge - were you crossing a solid white line?

You targeted the biker because you perceived him as smaller/weaker, which is why you didn't nose your way into the turn lane when confronted by an equal power - two other cars.  So you are a bully too. 

Bitched at by the biker and being the tough guy you think you are, you wave the bird rather than a "sorry" signal, accelerating the situation that you created - like a true bully.  The world must come to a stop because of your f*ck ups.  Everyone else doing the right thing, like getting into the turn lane at the proper entry, does not matter because the inconvenience to you of having to do things the right way, like go through the light and turn around so you can achieve a functionally easier (and safer) right hand turn never crossed your mind.  It's all about YOU!

So now, after flipping the big guy on the bike off, you are fearful that you might have had your ass handed to you.  You bravely drive away as the light turns green.  So just how long were you sitting in this turn lane, as written this sounds like a rapid fire signal.  Makes me wonder just how many times you told this guy to F-off.

Then you come to a forum to ask whether killing this guy with a gun would be justified and reacting like a victim when not hearing what you want to hear.   Spend some time thinking about how you can avoid creating these kinds of situations in the first place.  MERGING traffic is obligated to YIELD to existing traffic in the lane you want.

SGOS

Don't fuck with bikers.  They can be very sensitive about their rights on the road.  Their risky exposure to dangerous accidents already puts them under increased stress, and this can make them sensitive to the many drivers who ignore them.  I would have sincerely apologized, and hoped for the best.  It's possible that you didn't really cut him off, depending on how far back he was, but I wasn't there.  It's possible that he was prone to road rage.  While road rage is not an accident, it might be a red flag.  I'd certainly consider my part in it.