News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Would I have gone to prison?

Started by MyelinSheath, May 15, 2017, 06:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyelinSheath

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 15, 2017, 01:50:19 PM
He would not have been doing that if you had not tried to kill him and his girl on their bike.  You are the first cause here.  If I were DA, I go for felony murder against you.
Absolutely not one single part of what happened would give him a right to try to break in my truck and harm me. Fuck you Mike Cl.

Mike Cl

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 02:06:59 PM
Absolutely not one single part of what happened would give him a right to try to break in my truck and harm me. Fuck you Mike Cl.
Actually, you are correct--he would not have the right to harm you, or even try to harm you.  What he should have done would be to take down your licence plate number and reported you to the police.

This is a little more complicated than what you may want to think.  You need to google what is considered self defense in your state.  Each state can be different than other states.  In some states you can shoot somebody if you think your life is in danger--others you can't.  When you read what is considered self defense in your state I think you can figure out what you can and cannot do legally. 

My main point is that you cannot legally use your turn signal to 'demand' a spot in another lane.  You can legally only move into another lane when it is safe to do so, and they use your signal to show intent.   

And fuck me?  No thanks, I'm not a homosexual (not that that is good or bad, I'm just not)--but in any case, do use a condom.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

MyelinSheath

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 15, 2017, 02:18:22 PM

And fuck me?  No thanks, I'm not a homosexual (not that that is good or bad, I'm just not)--but in any case, do use a condom.
Oh no. I only go bareback.

PickelledEggs

Are you trolling, @MyelinSheath? What's with the douche-baggery?

MyelinSheath

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 15, 2017, 04:02:53 PM
Are you trolling, @MyelinSheath? What's with the douche-baggery?
No not really. Just kinda pissed and stressed out from the week that's all. Taking it out on you guys.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 05:00:55 PM
Taking it out on you guys.

I'd advise to not do that. We have nothing to do with your poor processing skills and we shouldn't get the shit end of the stick because we don't agree with your hypothetical shitty decisions and the events that would follow them.

PickelledEggs

You can't shoot a person because the sun was in your eyes. This isn't The Stranger. And you're not living in a book world by Camus.

MyelinSheath

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 15, 2017, 05:15:57 PM
You can't shoot a person because the sun was in your eyes. This isn't The Stranger. And you're not living in a book world by Camus.
I can't be expected to defend every strawman of the hypothetical scenario I presented. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough that I was speaking specifically within the context of him trying to attack me. Physically getting off his motorcycle attempting to break into my vehicle and drag me out to assault me. I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about shooting him if he did this. Sorry. Oh wait, no I'm not.

Baruch

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 01:10:33 PM
Oh no. On the contrary. This would have actually happened had I not pulled away. The man was cocksure and was getting off of his bike. If I had stayed he likely wouldn't have been able to break into my truck, but if he did try to do it I can't help but think how different it would be had I held up a gun.

Zimmerman complex?  You need help if you visualize first person shooter ... for real.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

He would not have been doing that if you had not tried to kill him and his girl on their bike.  You are the first cause here.  If I were DA, I go for felony murder against you.

Second degree murder, not manslaughter either.  Not a good thing.  But being negligent enough to almost cause an accident, even if the accident didn't occur, is called reckless driving for a reason.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Well, we don't have complete information on this issue, so it would be premature to make any determination of fate of any party. My own estimation included, of course.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 06:34:02 PM
I can't be expected to defend every strawman of the hypothetical scenario I presented. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough that I was speaking specifically within the context of him trying to attack me. Physically getting off his motorcycle attempting to break into my vehicle and drag me out to assault me. I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about shooting him if he did this. Sorry. Oh wait, no I'm not.
Him attacking you did not happen in a vacuum--there was something that triggered that attack.  You said so yourself. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

MyelinSheath

Quote from: Baruch on May 15, 2017, 06:45:03 PM
Second degree murder, not manslaughter either.  Not a good thing.  But being negligent enough to almost cause an accident, even if the accident didn't occur, is called reckless driving for a reason.
Yeah the guy could have actually drug me out and beat the shit out of me and you guys would still say he's a perfect little angel and that I was a scumbag murderer, wouldn't you? You guys are dead set on me being evil, aren't you? To say that what I did was trying to kill this man by trying to run him off the road is one of the most absurd and decisive strawmen I have ever heard. The man had multiple car lengths to let me in and he knows it. I clearly signalled my intentions way in advance. Sure, maybe it wasn't the smartest decision. But it would have given him no right to do what he was clearly about to do if I had hung around (assault me). I have never purposely hurt anyone, And have never engaged in road rage. 

So I'll give you all what you want. That guy is a perfect angel who has never, and will never, hurt anyone in his entire life, and was absolutely justified to beat me within an inch of my life. He is perfect and precious in every way. I, on the other hand, I am an evil scumbag who intentionally tried to kill him on the road. Everything I do in my entire life is spiteful, mean, and evil. I am an evil individual who should be thrown in prison for first-degree murder. This is far less a strawman of what you guys are saying then your depictions of what I'm saying.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on May 15, 2017, 07:09:38 AM
Driving problems?  Road rage?  Just say no to both.  There is no self defense in US law, unless you are a cop.
What about all those "stand your ground" laws?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: MyelinSheath on May 15, 2017, 07:08:13 PM
Yeah the guy could have actually drug me out and beat the shit out of me and you guys would still say he's a perfect little angel and that I was a scumbag murderer, wouldn't you?
Why should we believe your version of events? You might just be slightly biased. I used to handle auto accident claims for a major insurance company. People usually told the version most favorable to them.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers