Author Topic: Viral shark attack video was likely faked, say shark experts  (Read 616 times)

Re: Viral shark attack video was likely faked, say shark experts
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »
It took photography experts to call that fake? I could have told you that. That didnt look like a bite, and that part of the cage was covered in chain mesh anyway.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Online Hydra009 (OP)

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »
It took photography experts to call that fake? I could have told you that. That didnt look like a bite, and that part of the cage was covered in chain mesh anyway.
Yeah.  It's a lot more obvious now that a skeptical light has been cast on it.  But truth be told, the first time I saw it, it looked convincing enough.  It wasn't till I saw articles claiming it was a fake that I started to notice details that cast doubt on its authenticity.

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 06:00:16 PM »
1. shark's head is too big to get inside of the cage
2. shark's have more than one tooth (obviously a single cut)

Methinks the only possibility of the video being real is that there was a wire sticking out in the cage and she hit her foot on it
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:39:13 AM by fencerider »
Would you like to play with my invisible friend? HE can give you anything that you want. All you have to do is ask HIM

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 06:03:37 PM »
Yeah.  It's a lot more obvious now that a skeptical light has been cast on it.  But truth be told, the first time I saw it, it looked convincing enough.  It wasn't till I saw articles claiming it was a fake that I started to notice details that cast doubt on its authenticity.
I have learned to distrust "shark attack" videos. The vast majority of them I have ever seen were fake.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 01:43:14 AM »
Yeah, her butt, tho.
"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2017, 01:45:20 AM »
In all seriousness, I thought was a slice from the cage and she wanted to get out because the sharks would be attracted to the blood. But then after watching it again, I didn't even think that.
"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE