Possibly the single most ironic forum thread I've ever read

Started by ThePilgrim101, February 17, 2013, 10:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePilgrim101

Quote from: \"azmhyr\"
Quote from: \"quoting\"New Testament doesn\'t Justify the banning of gays from anywhere.
Well, the old testament permabans them from life tho.

Jmpty

They describe thenselves pretty well, and don't even know it.
???  ??

LoneQuietus

I think the Irony Meter just broke.
Memento Mori

BlackL1ght

No words. It's just too ironic. Someone slap me.
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Hydra009

QuoteSacred Science - The ideology, doctrine and mission of the group are so sacred that they must not be doubted or questioned. To do so is one of the worst offenses possible. However, without the option of questioning, a lie cannot be uncovered.
Now who does that remind you of? :lol:

Plu

Yeah, this should definately win an irony reward.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "ThePilgrim101"http://www.talkjesus.com/ethics-morality/20405-use-mind-control-religious-cults-1-a.html#.USGdF6VthLY

What is this...I don't even...

Wow - I just don't know what to........ I mean............  what did I just read?
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Zacky

Quote from: JmptyThey describe thenselves pretty well, and don't even know it.

At least one of them realized it. Or... did he?

QuoteSo you say (cult) brainwashing is the conditioning to allow the influence of others to exist without questioning authority then.....right? Brainwashing: Indoctrination, persuading, conditioning, to impose someone's beliefs on another. Seems all religions do this....don't they?

Then again, as you read further.

QuoteTherefore 'truth' is irrelevant, as it too is a complete conjecture outside the original church

Then I totally lost it.

AllPurposeAtheist

More ironic.. I saw it today.. A small waiting room here at the VOA.. There's a door from outside, a locked door inside and a small window. Right by the ONLY unlocked door from OUTSIDE is an innocuous sign just inches from said door.. The fire evacuation route...map of building included with a ΒΌ" arrow on the map directing you out the door right by the sign.
My guessing is if you can't figure out to simply open the door to step outside there is very little chance you'll be able to navigate the dozens of hallways and rooms on the map.. :roll:
I really need a picture.. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Smartmarzipan

Fuck me, that was hysterical.

I like how in every section she makes sure to try and distinguish "real" Christianity from the cults.

QuoteMilieu is the environment in which we live. It includes all our interactions on a daily basis. It includes the information we take in and the information we give out. It includes the people, places, events, and ideas that pass through our daily life.

If these can be controlled the individual will become isolated from his support network and therefore vulnerable to influence. For example the Soviet citizen could get his news only from a Party affiliated source because western broadcasts were jammed.

Christians are to be salt and light in the world. We must be in the world but not of it. That implies interaction, not isolation. The Truth will stand any test.

FSM help me, if Christians actually interacted with the world instead of trying to shape it to their narrow worldview and alienating everyone not like them, forums like this wouldn't even exist. I hate to break it to all you incredibly tolerant, liberally-minded Christians, but you're a minority in a cult that isolates it's member against "sin" and "sinners".
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

stromboli

Psalms 22:6;
Raise a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Bible Camp is not brainwashing. Not.