Reporter Arrested For ... Doing His Job

Started by trdsf, May 10, 2017, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

But remember guys... emails! Remember those emails guys? Guys, those emails were a big deal. A huge deal. Those emails... emails were huge. Many emails.

Alternatively; Meh, Hillary and trump are both the same, anyways.

:roll:
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

fencerider

I was looking at CNN website apparently anyone who speaks out against Trump can be arrested. There is even a story about a wmn that laughed at AG confirmation hearing. She was charged with disorderly conduct and is facing a few months in jail.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on May 10, 2017, 11:50:02 PM
I was looking at CNN website apparently anyone who speaks out against Trump can be arrested. There is even a story about a wmn that laughed at AG confirmation hearing. She was charged with disorderly conduct and is facing a few months in jail.

All Democrats are disorderly ... arrest them all?  Sounds like a good plan to me.  Too bad Lincoln didn't exterminate them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 10, 2017, 10:16:32 PM
But remember guys... emails! Remember those emails guys? Guys, those emails were a big deal. A huge deal. Those emails... emails were huge. Many emails.

Alternatively; Meh, Hillary and trump are both the same, anyways.

:roll:

Comey said that Hillary was wonderful ... wonder if he had tried her in bed too ;-)  A D investigating an R, would have indicted the Clintons for their many crimes, had the Clintons been Rs ... oh, they are, aren't they?  Same as R-Obama.  If the emails turn out to be nothing .. then blame Comey for even bringing it up.  J Edgar would have stayed in office, assassinating President Kennedy if necessary ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

As bad as the press is, censoring is not a good thing.  The cornerstone of democracy is a free flow of ideas.  While it's true that half of the voters are biased and ignorant, we accomplish nothing by stopping the flow of ideas, even the fake news or more politely, those that offer the alternate "facts."  When the government controls all information, we can only get propaganda.  Let communication happen freely and let the cards fall where they may.  That at least gives us a chance.  Ignorance may prevail in the end, but let the stake holders participate.  I'm still betting that democracy is the best chance we have.  Not a great chance, but still the best.  Who here wants to live in a country where the government controls all ideas?  Those countries exist, and I think they are shit holes.  I wouldn't want to live in one of them.

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on May 10, 2017, 08:17:32 PM
Yes, but the way to punish a news outlet whose coverage you don't like is to not patronize them.  The best censorship -- the only acceptable censorship -- is the off switch, or the purchase of a different print source.  Arresting reporters for being inconvenient or persistent is absolutely unacceptable, when they have not otherwise actually broken the law.

I agree, and I will advocate for anyone being allowed to express what they want, so it is awful
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin