Main Menu

Trump fired FBI director

Started by fencerider, May 09, 2017, 06:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

fencerider

I guess if you want to work for Trump you're gonna have to kiss his ass before you get to the interview... and maybe again when you're leaving.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Sylar

Distraction rules the day. Healthcare is hated. Son in law is handing out visas to business prospects like Halloween candy. Muslim ban blocked by courts. Russia investigation won't shut up. Yates testifies. Pressure applies. What rules the day is lies... until... "Look over there!!! We fired Jim Comey over questionable reasons!"

Don't be distracted. Stay on target. Vote these fuckers out in 2018.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sylar on May 11, 2017, 10:47:57 PM
Distraction rules the day. Healthcare is hated. Son in law is handing out visas to business prospects like Halloween candy. Muslim ban blocked by courts. Russia investigation won't shut up. Yates testifies. Pressure applies. What rules the day is lies... until... "Look over there!!! We fired Jim Comey over questionable reasons!"

I agree with you in all you stated.  Lies do rule.  As for voting these fuckers out in 2018------pipe dream.  Won't happen.  This country is just so stupid that I think we will have drump for the next 8 years.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sylar

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 11, 2017, 11:09:14 PM
I agree with you in all you stated.  Lies do rule.  As for voting these fuckers out in 2018------pipe dream.  Won't happen.  This country is just so stupid that I think we will have drump for the next 8 years.

The slick bastards are nothing if not smart. AHCA should be their Achilles heel but it won't be, because most of the changes do not take effect until after 2018, 2020 - meaning after elections. (Note I'm assuming AHCA is largely same as first bill, as I haven't reviewed second bill yet).

But if history is a guide, the country tends to swing like a pendulum, and vast majority of the time in the midterms the party which lost the presidential elections gains majority in one of the Chambers at least.

There are some signs of hope - Dem Congressmen taking over GOP townhalls where representatives do not show. Energized base as seen during marches is one. But let's be real: We are up against gerrymandered electoral districts and will be facing some of the most strenuous voter suppression measures we've ever seen.

We will see in 2018, I suppose. It's just around the corner. I do try to remind people that voting in state elections is just as important (Dems are fucked there because of low turnouts), considering redistricting will occur in 2020 after the census.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sylar on May 11, 2017, 11:30:43 PM
The slick bastards are nothing if not smart. AHCA should be their Achilles heel but it won't be, because most of the changes do not take effect until after 2018, 2020 - meaning after elections. (Note I'm assuming AHCA is largely same as first bill, as I haven't reviewed second bill yet).

But if history is a guide, the country tends to swing like a pendulum, and vast majority of the time in the midterms the party which lost the presidential elections gains majority in one of the Chambers at least.

There are some signs of hope - Dem Congressmen taking over GOP townhalls where representatives do not show. Energized base as seen during marches is one. But let's be real: We are up against gerrymandered electoral districts and will be facing some of the most strenuous voter suppression measures we've ever seen.

We will see in 2018, I suppose. It's just around the corner. I do try to remind people that voting in state elections is just as important (Dems are fucked there because of low turnouts), considering redistricting will occur in 2020 after the census.
I do have hope for 2018--but I don't think it has much reality behind it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on May 11, 2017, 09:52:11 PM
I guess if you want to work for Trump you're gonna have to kiss his ass before you get to the interview... and maybe again when you're leaving.

If you enter service as a political flunky, helps to be a Mongolian contortionist, who can kiss their own ass.  Then kissing the bosses ass is trivial.  Never met a boss whose ass it wasn't wise to kiss ... the worst sadist?  You ask him to hit you, he says no.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on May 11, 2017, 10:47:57 PM

Always vote out incumbents ... Trump is an incumbent now ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 11, 2017, 06:59:22 PM

The girl that made sleeping in that bed worthwhile .. is missing from the photo?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on May 11, 2017, 11:30:43 PM

Distraction all the way down.  No real changes, except putting lipstick on a pig.  ACA is a Republican plan.  They always seek tax cuts.  So the gambit was ... getting the other Republicans to go along with a crapification of ACA (it was crap to begin with) by offering them tax cuts.  Both sides are holding out for a better deal.  If the Bernie Bros fail .. expect Hillary to run in 2020 ... or Chelsea.  The monarchy party will have it way, left hand or right hand.  That and JEB is waiting in the wings if Trump stumbles.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I doubt we will see Hillary again.  Two attempts and two losses, does not speak well for her electability.  But who knows?  Politics is strange.

SGOS

QuoteTrump suggests there may be ‘tapes’ of his private conversations with former FBI director

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/12/trump-suggests-there-may-be-tapes-of-his-private-conversations-with-former-fbi-director/?utm_term=.8475b91af329

This is the strangest presidency I can remember.  It's a regular shit-fest of mudslinging, threats, and wild outbreaks of half baked remarks, and we are only a few months in.  Every day there is a headline about the latest strange thing Trump says, with the media trying desperately to make some sense out of it, and it seems like it's getting more frequent.  I'm wondering if this will run its course or get worse.  At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if Trump demands a total blackout of the press with all "facts" having to be personally approved by Trump himself before they can be officially recorded.

Baruch

There is a tape of LBJ talking to J Edgar, right after the assassination.  Makes them both look innocent.  Why just this tape out of thousands of hours that could have been taped, and weren't?  They were covering for each other, both were guilty of treason.  So yea ... Trump vs Comey tapes ... that will be genuine ... not!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 12, 2017, 09:39:01 AM
I doubt we will see Hillary again.  Two attempts and two losses, does not speak well for her electability.  But who knows?  Politics is strange.

The "I'M With Her" core will vote for her, even if she is dead and mummified, like Mao and Lenin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Maybe there should be a law that requires a balanced budget and if there is a shortfall the money comes out of Congress paychecks first... ya right expecting Congress to write laws for itself is like expecting police to give each other speeding tickets.

If Hillary can run a mummified campaign, the republicans might get inspired to dig up Reagan and give him another go.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.