News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump fired FBI director

Started by fencerider, May 09, 2017, 06:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

did he do it to stop the Russian investigation? Did he do it to cover action by Jeff Sessions?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Munch

Didn't even know a president could do that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

FBI is under DOJ, so the director works for Sessions. I'll go ask my friend, Google, about it.

Ah, here it is:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-director-james-comey-fired/story?id=47309009

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 09, 2017, 06:21:05 PM
FBI is under DOJ, so the director works for Sessions. I'll go ask my friend, Google, about it.

Ah, here it is:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-director-james-comey-fired/story?id=47309009

Trump had to fire Flynn for lying to Pence.  FBI had to circle their wagons, to explain Comey spin in his testimony today.  That and burn paper records.  FBI still the same shit hole it was under J Edgar.  I would be happy if they fired every appointed official in government who has ever been proven to lie.  D party folks like Comey in spite of ... just because he was appointed by St Obama.  Comey mishandled both ends of the Clinton email probe.  Hillary should probe him ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

The FBI director works for the president as far as I know.  This is simply drump being drump.  He does not give one shit about what is legal or ethical or traditional.  He just wants to do what he wants to do and will do exactly that as long as he is allowed to do so.  My feeling is that this is just a storm in a teapot.  Howling and screaming and gnashing of teeth--but drump will get his way.  This has been his history and will not stop now.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

This is a surprise to me.  Comey did make some highly questionable decisions that appeared to be poorly thought out.  Certainly, some that came back to embarrass him.  Although, I've seen guys survive that were worse.  Was he on to something?  Or did he reach his level of incompetence?  Whether the next guy is any better is a coin toss considering the talent pool in Washington.   

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 09, 2017, 10:37:15 PM
This is a surprise to me.  Comey did make some highly questionable decisions that appeared to be poorly thought out.  Certainly, some that came back to embarrass him.  Although, I've seen guys survive that were worse.  Was he on to something?  Or did he reach his level of incompetence?  Whether the next guy is any better is a coin toss considering the talent pool in Washington.

A sane reaction.  I work with the government.  Like any bureaucracy, the nomenklatura always rise to their level of incompetence, though J Edgar went well beyond that ... as did Allen Dulles ... that is why they had to conspire to kill Jack.  In general, they should fire the top layer of permanent government employees every 2 years ... what is good for the House is good for the bureaucracy.

Comey was a political operative, just like his prior JD bosses going back 2 or more administrations.  They aren't law enforcement, they are crooks.  Just ask John Mitchell.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR ANOTHER EXCITING EPISODE OF:
THE APPRENTICE EXTREME
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

This reminds me of Watergate.  A president under investigation fires the investigator. 

Although, when Nixon did it, he was already understood to be guilty.  I might be wrong about that.  It's so long ago, that I might not be remembering the correct timeline, or I may have recognized guilt prematurely.  I remember the Nixon firing as a blatant attempt on Nixon's part to hide his involvement in the Watergate break in.

Trump's involvement with Russia is not yet clear.  But there are only two reasons I can think of that explain the firing: 1. Trump had colluded with Russia to throw the election and was about to be exposed, or 2. Comey had been acting incompetently.

But where is the list of Comey's incompetency's that would justify his firing?

fencerider

well he did cost Hillary a big chunk of votes. (Hillary was saying all summer that she already turned over all the emails. Then one week before the election he said he found thousands of emails that he didn't see before. That sent the message that Hillary was lying) I thought that Trump should be happy that Comey helped put him over the top.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on May 10, 2017, 11:15:03 AM
well he did cost Hillary a big chunk of votes. (Hillary was saying all summer that she already turned over all the emails. Then one week before the election he said he found thousands of emails that he didn't see before. That sent the message that Hillary was lying) I thought that Trump should be happy that Comey helped put him over the top.
That certainly helped Trump, and he capitalized on it by making it part of his campaign, but he seems to take a different view now that he can no longer share with Hillary any questions about presidential integrity.  As far as Comey's competence, he should have investigated Hillary, being that's his job.  As to whether he should have made public the discovery of the Weiner emails, I'm undecided.  There was a lot of focus on that being unprecedented during the campaign.  Perhaps precedence means something or not.  I'm not sure that it was wrong.  Nor am I sure it was right, especially since he exaggerated the number of actual emails that pertained to Hillary, and the whole thing turned out to be a red herring.  Given it raised questions about Hillary's integrity, and did so without foundation, he should have learned more before making his announcement IMO.  The FBI is not bound to prematurely release information about any of its investigations, and most of it is all done secretly, so I question his motive.  At best I would consider his decision done in a rush while being pushed by Hillary detractors in his own office.  I think it was the wrong call.  But I don't see that it has anything to do with Trump's current motives, other than to be a distraction.  The Hillary issue, which is no longer relevant shouldn't even enter into the current musings, although it's on my mind.  You can't unsee what you have seen, and I'm guessing that's distracting everyone else to some degree also.

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 10, 2017, 08:06:03 AM
This reminds me of Watergate.  A president under investigation fires the investigator. 

Although, when Nixon did it, he was already understood to be guilty.  I might be wrong about that.  It's so long ago, that I might not be remembering the correct timeline, or I may have recognized guilt prematurely.  I remember the Nixon firing as a blatant attempt on Nixon's part to hide his involvement in the Watergate break in.

Trump's involvement with Russia is not yet clear.  But there are only two reasons I can think of that explain the firing: 1. Trump had colluded with Russia to throw the election and was about to be exposed, or 2. Comey had been acting incompetently.

But where is the list of Comey's incompetency's that would justify his firing?

Really?  Incompetent or just following AG direction?  Dems committed fraud, RICO, mishandling of government documents (they don't have to be classified) ... but then all the Dem leaders would have to be sent to Guantanamo for special interrogation.  We know the AG folks are corrupt back to John Mitchell and before.  The deputy FBI director back then admitted to being Deep Throat.  Bernstein admitted to being CIA.  Circumstantial evidence that the Bush family was out to get Nixon for not making George H W the VP in stead of Agnew.  But the actual event was the firing of the Special Prosecutor.  Nixon should have shown the tapes burning in the Rose Garden.  If the Dems didn't like that, he should have had a military coup (it was wartime).  Like how Bill Clinton should have fired the guy selected by the Rethuglicans to investigate Arkansas and other doings ... Mr Starr et al.  Right now there is no special prosecutor, though of course the Dems are calling for one.  And Nixon, had he known, should have fired the top 10 guys at the FBI before they went after him.

Sorry trdsf ... it is Democrats (see 1861) who commit treason.  Too bad Lincoln didn't kill them all?  Nixon is looking better every day now.  Nixon started peace talks with China and the Soviets, and completed a peace with Vietnam ... total treason, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

the AG is known as a racist and a bigot. He was also part of Trump's campaign and conveniently forgot that he talked to a Russian ambassador. It is suspicious that an individual who may be investigated by the FBI looking into the Russian connection would recommend that Trump fire the person in charge of the investigation. The fact that Trump fired someone that is conducting an investigation against him shows he has something to hide.

What is publically known hasnt risen to the level of treason ( still a long way from finding that out); not that its nessecary to find treason to make criminal charges or to impeach him.

If Trump has nothing to hide, he should stop putting road blocks in the way of the investigation. He must be really stupid if he thinks that any thing he does will stop the investigation. Oh wait we already knew he is stupid

Draconic Aiur

They are just trying to cover loose ends. The guy will have a handsome retire package from Drumf probably.