News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump fired FBI director

Started by fencerider, May 09, 2017, 06:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

In the past I would have said this wouldn't lead to impeachment.  After Clinton, the revenge impeachment, the two parties came to an understanding.  "You don't impeach me, I don't impeach you."  That's why, in 2007, Pelosi declared impeachment off the table.

Trump is the exception.  The Republicans didn't want him and don't like him.  The Democrats are starting to believe their own heated rhetoric about him.  It may be the case that the Republicans will allow impeachment against a Republican simply because it is Trump, even if the grounds are shaky.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 12, 2017, 11:37:31 PMThe Republicans didn't want him and don't like him.
Could've fooled me.  By and large, they have either gotten on their knees to praise Dear Leader or ignored the stench whenever he soils himself.

Jason Harvestdancer

Knowing they can't publicly oppose him isn't the same as wanting him to be their standard bearer.  They know their job is to grit their teeth, accept that he is their guy, pretend to like him, and wait for it to be over.  The exact same advice they give to rape victims.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Ah, okay.  They openly support him but secretly oppose him.  In fact, it's so secret that there's scant evidence of it.

Shiranu

I really don't get why everything has to be conspiracy, rather than just admit politicians can be as fucking stupid as the next guy. They're regular (rich) people, not characters in book with super plot lines and diabolical mustachios.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 13, 2017, 01:39:37 AM
I really don't get why everything has to be conspiracy, rather than just admit politicians can be as fucking stupid as the next guy. They're regular (rich) people, not characters in book with super plot lines and diabolical mustachios.

Good, then lets kill them for being stupid, instead of mendacious.  Most people don't recognize the word "mendacious", but even most Americans recognize the word "stupid".  "stupid" should be reason enough for execution of authorities who, like LBJ, kill a million Vietnamese for no reason.

I would contend that Comey is stupid, so is President Trump.  Execute both of them as enemies of the State, in Dallas.  Long Live CIA!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 13, 2017, 12:06:05 AM
Ah, okay.  They openly support him but secretly oppose him.  In fact, it's so secret that there's scant evidence of it.

I wrote that they don't like it, not that they secretly oppose him.  They give him the required minimum amount of support and don't like it while doing it.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 13, 2017, 10:40:11 AM
I wrote that they don't like it, not that they secretly oppose him.  They give him the required minimum amount of support and don't like it while doing it.

I cry that the RINOs are unhappy ... that and the DINOs are unhappy.  May they burn in Hell.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

At least one person understands what I'm writing.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 13, 2017, 12:21:41 PM
At least one person understands what I'm writing.

Understanding isn't the same as approval ... but it doesn't exclude that either ;-)  The idea that anything psychotic from the French Revolution onward is progressive ... is part of why the last 200+ years are shit.  On the other hand, you won't find me defending monarchy and autocracy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 13, 2017, 10:40:11 AM

Except that's not what they do; many republican figure heads say he isn't going far enough on his really disgusting shit.

Why would republicans not like him? He is literally saying the same thing they have for years, just with more bombast and bravado.

Me thinks you don't know your politicians, or politics, as much as you like to think.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on May 13, 2017, 04:09:04 PMWhy would republicans not like him? He is literally saying the same thing they have for years, just with more bombast and bravado.

Me thinks you don't know your politicians, or politics, as much as you like to think.
Yeah.  It's one of those things I hate about creationists and a lot of people's political ideologies: they make these grand claims and never even think to look up whether or not that's actually the case.  The rubber never touches the road.  It's ideology first and facts second, if at all.

This sort of thing happens in politics all the time.  One pundit or another shoveling out one unsupported assertion after another; never to back up a single goddamn thing they say.  You're just supposed to listen and believe.  It reminds me of church.  And it bugs the hell out of me.

It should be obvious by now that I have no love for Trump.  And I would LOVE it if he were despised not only by liberal politicians, but also by conservative politicians.  But I can't just take Jason's claim on faith.  And based on the actions these people have taken and the statements they have made, the facts simply don't support the conclusion.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on May 13, 2017, 03:20:55 PM
Understanding isn't the same as approval ... but it doesn't exclude that either ;-)  The idea that anything psychotic from the French Revolution onward is progressive ... is part of why the last 200+ years are shit.  On the other hand, you won't find me defending monarchy and autocracy.
If you aren't defending monarchy and autocracy and you don't like the last 200 years--is the anything you like?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 13, 2017, 05:09:14 PM
If you aren't defending monarchy and autocracy and you don't like the last 200 years--is the anything you like?????

Ape men are less to recommend them than you might think.  If one nut says the opposite of another nut ... are neither right, or both right?  You might be close if you add the two opinions, divide by two, to get the average ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Shiranu on May 13, 2017, 04:09:04 PM
Except that's not what they do; many republican figure heads say he isn't going far enough on his really disgusting shit.

Why would republicans not like him? He is literally saying the same thing they have for years, just with more bombast and bravado.

You know, instead of everyone focusing on the first sentence about how the Republicans don't like him, perhaps people should focus on the second sentence.  The Democrats are starting to believe their own heated rhetoric about him.