Trump Voter Feels Betrayed By President

Started by PickelledEggs, May 07, 2017, 05:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

It's understandable that they cheered when Trump promised to bring back the jobs, drain the swamp, and opposed interventionism in the middle east.

It's less understandable that they cheered when Trump vowed to bomb civilians intentionally (a hallmark of our terrorist enemies), commit torture (another hallmark of our enemies), repeal obamacare, opposed the Paris Agreement, called global warming a chinese hoax, and repeatedly lied about his expertise ("no one's more ___ than me!")

Even a cishet cisethnic toilet seat complexion humankin shitlord should know that backing that trainwreck of a candidate was a bad call.

Hakurei Reimu

Damn that Onion logo is hard to spot. Fortunately, the Poe was not hard to spot.

As to Trump, you know what they say: Better to not say anything and let people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

fencerider

if they're startin to feel betrayed, maybe there is some hope for them yet... a little slow but they CAN learn
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Sal1981

I was under the impression that no one takes feminist rhetoric seriously. The Onion certainly doesn't.

SGOS

One of the Onion's commonly used satiric devices is to take a widespread view, and pose an interview with a proponent, usually a doofus type.  The real media does this too, and interviews one person, supposedly a representative sample of opinion, except since it's one guy, you have to wonder if it's really representative or not.  And as the Onion unfolds, and the person speaking lays out one absurd opinion, and you cut him some slack, because we all have entertained a weird opinion at some point, but then the next even weirder opinion comes followed by a slough full of them, and you realize that once again, you've been set up to play the fool.

But the onion does it by mimicking the real weirdness of society, and the weirdness of the media as well.  All satire does this, but the Onion has refined the technique.  I don't know if it can be reduced to a formula, as I have attempted to do here, or if it's strictly intuitive.  I'd love to spend a day at the Onion HQ, and watch what goes on.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on May 08, 2017, 08:58:20 AMI'd love to spend a day at the Onion HQ, and watch what goes on.
It's pretty much like this:

*writer wakes from drug/alcohol-induced blackout*
"Hey guys, have we put out a video in the past 4 months..."
*other writer raises hand*
"...that wasn't a movie review?"
*other writer lowers hand*
"Yeah, it's been a while...we should like do something, man.  Have that one productive guy slap together 5 videos in a week then tell him to stop for 4 months.  Imma go grab some edibles, want some?"

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 07, 2017, 09:35:56 PM
It's understandable that they cheered when Trump promised to bring back the jobs, drain the swamp, and opposed interventionism in the middle east.

It's less understandable that they cheered when Trump vowed to bomb civilians intentionally (a hallmark of our terrorist enemies), commit torture (another hallmark of our enemies), repeal obamacare, opposed the Paris Agreement, called global warming a chinese hoax, and repeatedly lied about his expertise ("no one's more ___ than me!")

Even a cishet cisethnic toilet seat complexion humankin shitlord should know that backing that trainwreck of a candidate was a bad call.

and they still back him up

Baruch

Reactionary POV ... the only mistake of the 1960s, wasn't drafting all the college kids and putting them on a one way ticket to Da Nang.  Yes, they really hate us non-conformists, and we can't unite, because our nonconformity varies from person to person.  Do have a plan when then R/D bus arrives to take you to Auschwitz.  Cattle cars are so 1940s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on May 08, 2017, 01:10:19 PM
Reactionary POV ... the only mistake of the 1960s, wasn't drafting all the college kids and putting them on a one way ticket to Da Nang.  Yes, they really hate us non-conformists, and we can't unite, because our nonconformity varies from person to person.  Do have a plan when then R/D bus arrives to take you to Auschwitz.  Cattle cars are so 1940s.

*Slaps Baruch*  Cattle cars are vintage

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on May 07, 2017, 09:57:32 PM
Damn that Onion logo is hard to spot. Fortunately, the Poe was not hard to spot.

As to Trump, you know what they say: Better to not say anything and let people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Just to make sure, you know this is satire directed at toxic liberals and not actually any Trump supporters, right?

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 08, 2017, 06:03:47 PM
Just to make sure, you know this is satire directed at toxic liberals and not actually any Trump supporters, right?

Poison either way ... I choose to abstain.  Well that explains why toxic liberals don't die from their own poison, like rattle snakes, they are immune ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't think Chump voters were betrayed by Chump - they betrayed themselves. They've made their beds, now they'll have to sleep in them.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on May 08, 2017, 07:26:56 PM
Poison either way ... I choose to abstain.  Well that explains why toxic liberals don't die from their own poison, like rattle snakes, they are immune ;-)
That's venom, you're thinking of

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.