News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

100 Days and Counting

Started by Drew_2017, April 27, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on May 16, 2017, 08:40:45 AM
Try something interesting: I asked the last few days acquaintances, friends, family and on message boards a simple question for the die hard Trump fans,
"What must Trump do in order for you to say 'I was wrong, I got duped by a con-man and regret it.'"

I didn't get one answer to the question, everything was brought up form Obamacare to Benghazi but nobody was able to answer this simple question. It was great entertainment! Try it, see the reactions.

I didn't vote for Hillary or Trump.  Can I play?  So far .. no ... I didn't make a mistake.  But then Gary Johnson ... we will never know.  But now The Rock wants to run for President next time, and he is a buddy of St Obama ... so get your rosary beads out and start praying for The Scorpion King.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

But you doesn't have to call him Johnson!

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

reasonist

Quote from: Baruch on May 16, 2017, 01:05:34 PM
I didn't vote for Hillary or Trump.  Can I play?  So far .. no ... I didn't make a mistake.  But then Gary Johnson ... we will never know.  But now The Rock wants to run for President next time, and he is a buddy of St Obama ... so get your rosary beads out and start praying for The Scorpion King.
[/quote)

The Rock is smarter than Trump. But then again, if I set the bar any lower, I have to bury it.
I didn't vote for either because of a small technicality: I am not a US citizen. Bernie will be too old in 2020 but my money is on Seth Moulton.He is probably one of the brightest younger politicians in America. Hopefully the establishment and voters will give him a chance.

And another idiotic misstep by the commander of thieves. Bragging about received intelligence and releasing classified info to the Russians should have the GOP caucus in uproar! But except for a handful of honest voices, the vast majority remains silent or even supportive! What must happen for THEM to say enough is enough?
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Unbeliever

Maybe he'll have to shoot someone on 5th Avenue? Would even that be enough now?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on May 16, 2017, 05:37:56 PM
Quote from: Baruch on May 16, 2017, 01:05:34 PM
The Rock is smarter than Trump. But then again, if I set the bar any lower, I have to bury it.
I didn't vote for either because of a small technicality: I am not a US citizen. Bernie will be too old in 2020 but my money is on Seth Moulton.He is probably one of the brightest younger politicians in America. Hopefully the establishment and voters will give him a chance.

And another idiotic misstep by the commander of thieves. Bragging about received intelligence and releasing classified info to the Russians should have the GOP caucus in uproar! But except for a handful of honest voices, the vast majority remains silent or even supportive! What must happen for THEM to say enough is enough?

You expected someone smart?  Yes ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nX0100wUB0

Democrats are the army of Anubis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

well the typical response is "What do you expect? He's just a politician. It's not like he's trying to be a pastor or a church leader...." the gist is that church people are smarter than politicians. and has a much higher standard for leaving. what the politicians do is not important at all
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

President doesn't run the US.  Congress does .. according to the dictates of their sponsors.  Having a bad pastor etc is much closer to home.  The personal behavior of Bill and Donald is ... poor.  But the official behavior of George W and Barak are much worse.  Nice-guy genocidal maniac, well-spoken genocidal maniac.  I will take Bill or Donald any day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAAPQoQXpkc

Glad he finally came around.  But it bugs me that the deciding factor was that Trump is such a bad liar that he's self-incriminating.  If Trump had simply stayed on message, the take-away from TJ and other people like TJ would simply be that the Washington Post and other news outlets critical of Trump are "fake news".

If Trump were a better liar, his rep would still be okay with a lot of people.  Sad.

Baruch

Impeach the SCOTUS, POTUS and Congress.  End the Coup of 1787 and the Rebellion of 1775.  Return to being a Crown Colony of QEII.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 20, 2017, 10:35:22 AM
Glad he finally came around.  But it bugs me that the deciding factor was that Trump is such a bad liar that he's self-incriminating.  If Trump had simply stayed on message, the take-away from TJ and other people like TJ would simply be that the Washington Post and other news outlets critical of Trump were simply "fake news".

If Trump were a better liar, his rep would still be okay with a lot of people.  Sad.
TJ is spot on with most of his observations, but his delivery is emotionally unconventional, making him seem like he's lost it.  I think he affects that demeanor to underscore the Trump "insanity", and I have to look past his delivery to give him credit for his observations.  I dunno, maybe America needs ranting screamers to hold their attention for longer than a sound bite.

I agreed with TJ about not knowing how much Trump is in bed with Russia.  Still am, but just after I reconfirmed to myself that the evidence isn't really there, I'm inundated with what the media is referring to as "A Whitehouse in chaos."  You don't need the media to tell you that the Whitehouse is in Chaos, however.  Well maybe not chaos, but the Whitehouse is most certainly scrambling to put the Humpty Dumpty image of the place back together.

I agreed with TJ about "Lets see what Trump does, now that he's voted in."  Although, I was quite sure I knew before today how things were going to look, but yet I felt the need to say, "Lets wait and see."  Trump's revelations about his motives, don't really surprise me.  It's just Trump not thinking about what he's saying.  I'm getting a new impression though.  Trump is not about truth or consistency, not about his image of thoughtfulness as a president.  He seems to be saying, "I'll say whatever I want, no matter how absurd or inconsistent, whenever I want, because I have the power to do it, and I want the American people to understand that I am the president, and this is how I do it.  Circumspection is for cowards and idiots.  I'm the boss, and constituents can go fuck themselves if they don't like it."

This will go over well with a lot of people, but I'm thinking it will give him less credibility with most.  Not as dramatically as it would in a less hysterical environment, but I think it will have an effect.

I keep waiting for him to pull a rabbit out of the hat, and in a inspirational moment to America, all will become clear, but I don't think there is a rabbit.  I don't think there is even a hat.  I just expect this for another 3 1/2 years.  I would be willing to place a small bet that none of this will lead to impeachment.  I have nothing to base that on, but I'd bet on it just for the fun of it.

Baruch

Being triggered extends well beyond silly college students.  They are like cockroaches running out of the burning building.  And good for them, if they can get to Canada before Helter Skelter (release of Charles Manson for good behavior) and lets not forget poor old Sirhan Sirhan and John Hinkley Jr.  Too bad James Earl Ray isn't with us anymore.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on May 20, 2017, 11:25:27 AMI agreed with TJ about "Lets see what Trump does, now that he's voted in."
That would've been fine on its own, but this was said in response to criticisms surrounding Trump appointees and the beginnings of what would become Trump's executive order spree, neither of which looked good at the time and look downright horrible now.  TJ's stance came across less about being evenhanded and more about burying his head in the sand and ignoring looming problems within the Trump administration.  He eventually reversed course on that, but it took awhile for that homemoon phase to end and criticisms to finally sink in.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 20, 2017, 01:13:39 PM
TJ's stance came across less about being evenhanded and more about burying his head in the sand and ignoring looming problems within the Trump administration.
I hadn't heard of TJ until now, but I had the impression that his "Wait and see" was more like the day after the election.  At that time, there were still speculations about Trump being a closet Democrat who would operate in opposition of the Republican ideology.  While this was wishful thinking, especially in retrospect, people were divided three ways:  He would be an utter disaster, a savior, or might not be anything like how he presented himself for the purpose of the campaign.  Remember, the talk about him calming down once the campaign was over?  I thought that was a long shot, but even some of the talking heads talked about the possibility.

I won't try to justify a "wait and see" attitude as anymore logical than the other two, because it does have a head in the sand quality about it, and rested on shallow hope and foreknowledge of Trump being highly unpredictable.  And if TJ was defending his position as the most thoughtful of all positions, I'd call it an error, because it's was way to dicey to go public with.  I guess it would depend in how adamant he was acting at the time.  But then I'm guessing from this video that he tends to be adamant most of the time.

Cavebear

Quote from: reasonist on May 12, 2017, 11:51:33 AM
It's not difficult to share your pessimism, however we must keep fighting! This is all deja vu, the same people who still defend agent orange were wearing brown shirts and screaming with glee and a stretched out right arm 80 years ago! What could be worse than sitting back and doing nothing  when facing evil? I watch with horror other message boards, even in Canada, and realize you can't fight stupidity. But the least we can do is try.

Those Brown Shirts defending Agent Orange must be pretty old and decrepit by now.  Maybe a little less exaggeration would be helpful.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!