News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

100 Days and Counting

Started by Drew_2017, April 27, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew_2017

Its just about a 100 days of the Trump administration but so far I have no regrets voting for him though I had plenty of apprehension before hand. I believe many of the personal negative things about him but when it came to lack of integrity, character and honesty it seemed to me both candidates went toe to toe. So I voted based on vision for the future.

I think for those who hate and despise Trump and were truly frightened by the prospect I hope the 100 days have allayed your worst fears...or maybe not.

Any thoughts?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on April 27, 2017, 09:21:49 PM
Its just about a 100 days of the Trump administration but so far I have no regrets voting for him though I had plenty of apprehension before hand. I believe many of the personal negative things about him but when it came to lack of integrity, character and honesty it seemed to me both candidates went toe to toe. So I voted based on vision for the future.

I think for those who hate and despise Trump and were truly frightened by the prospect I hope the 100 days have allayed your worst fears...or maybe not.

Any thoughts?
Any 'vision' you have of the future does not lead me to think you think well or clearly.  From what I've read of you so far, I'm not surprised you are a Trump kind of person.  If this country is lucky, Trump will end up being merely the worst president we have ever had.  I suspect something worse.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SoldierofFortune

While there was nothing to fight for for America, he has been bombing Syria and is about to make war with N. Korea.

But i do not actually find anything wrong about all of these kind of international politics. At the end, Amerika is the creator of =global= politics.

Atheon

Trump is evil to the core of his being, but his utter incompetence and stupidity have prevented him from orchestrating all the destruction he had planned. And thankfully the courts have stepped in to stop some of his more dastardly plans.

There is still a long way to go, however, to prevent him from taking a wrecking ball to the country and the world. In 2018, it is imperative to kick out the GOP from Congress so we can bring more rigorous checks against Trump's destructive and dictatorial ambitions.

He is also in bed with the religious right, and appointed a Supreme Court justice who opposes church-state separation. Nobody can logically call themselves an atheist and support this man, whose agenda is the antithesis of atheism.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

fencerider

I don't know if Trump is evil but he's not as intelligent as the average grasshopper. When it comes to gettin thrown over a barrel you pretty much end up in the same place.

Besides breaking most of his campaign promises he has appointed a whole cabinet of people that are ready to destroy the U.S.

and just as there should be there is an investigation to see if he is violating nepotism laws by putting Ivanca in the government. I don't know why the Republican party accepts having any of his family in the government. They weren't elected, they shouldn't be there
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

I didn't support Trump before the election ... and his first 100 days is a complete reversal of all of his campaign promises (he is a captive of the RNC and the Deep State).  The permanent members of the government trump Trump or any other elected hot air balloon.

The "vision" thing ... unfortunately the blind leading the blind.  Being older, I have given up on "vision" more than once, even in my private life ... let alone for society in general.  Stupid apes.  One day at a time, even if I am not an alcoholic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on April 28, 2017, 01:24:07 AM
I don't know if Trump is evil but he's not as intelligent as the average grasshopper. When it comes to gettin thrown over a barrel you pretty much end up in the same place.

Besides breaking most of his campaign promises he has appointed a whole cabinet of people that are ready to destroy the U.S.

and just as there should be there is an investigation to see if he is violating nepotism laws by putting Ivanca in the government. I don't know why the Republican party accepts having any of his family in the government. They weren't elected, they shouldn't be there

I felt the same way about Bill putting Hillary in charge of Health Care Reform back in 93.  I wouldn't trust a doctor to do that, and she is a crooked lawyer.

Jared Kushner is a childhood friend of Bibl (PM of Israel) ... so pretty much y'all have a Jewish government now ... except for a few RC we allow on the Supreme Court.  Besides Ivanka is way easier on the eyes than Donald.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Right now Trump is very much what I expected.  So I'm not surprised by much of anything in the last 100 days.  President's don't have unlimited power, and some of his more absurd visions have been blocked by the safeguards of the other two branches of government, but I knew that would happen.  So not surprised.

The first 100 days in office aren't that important as an indicator of what to expect, and no one should be surprised unless he's just awoken from a 30 year coma.  I don't know what the big deal about 100 days is with the media this year.  I don't recall the 100 year benchmark every talked about before in the media.  It took much longer than 100 days for Bush to start a war, Obama to pass Obamacare, or Clinton to get impeached for diddling an intern.  100 days is not enough time to establish the legacy on which history will judge a president. 

I'm pretty much guessing I will be surprised by something Trump does.  All of the past three presidents surprised me at some point, but nothing so far.  Trump isn't any more interesting or surprising than when he hosted a reality show.  He's still the same comical megalomaniac and carnival barker he was before we elected him, and he's pretty much the same package he's always been.

Gawdzilla Sama

It's "Plutarchy on Parade" for the next four years.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on April 28, 2017, 07:10:24 AM
I felt the same way about Bill putting Hillary in charge of Health Care Reform back in 93.
Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking when he did that, because Hillary had no experience in that area.

Ivanka keeps showing up at meetings for no reason whatsoever. She is not qualified. But then neither is her father.

And yes he is evil, because he is a bigot, a serial liar, and a power-hungry egomaniac.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on April 28, 2017, 08:14:18 AMThe first 100 days in office aren't that important as an indicator of what to expect, and no one should be surprised unless he's just awoken from a 30 year coma.  I don't know what the big deal about 100 days is with the media this year.  I don't recall the 100 year benchmark every talked about before in the media.
I do.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_100_days_of_Barack_Obama%27s_presidency#Media_coverage

QuoteIt took much longer than 100 days for Bush to start a war, Obama to pass Obamacare, or Clinton to get impeached for diddling an intern.  100 days is not enough time to establish the legacy on which history will judge a president.
True.  But it is long enough to establish a baseline of behavior and policy goals if not results.

So far we have a series of deeply troubling appointments, blocking immigration from *certain* countries "to make us safer", a neocon foreign policy (which does NOT make us safer), an attempt to scrap Obamacare, gutting environmental regulation, and a budget that can be generously described as a windfall for the military and the rich but terrible for everyone else.

And on a personal level, we have a thin-skinned narcissist who angrily tweets about SNL mocking him, lies brazenly and constantly at a level unusual even among politicians, apparently makes policy decisions based off of Fox News broadcasts, and makes a mint off Secret Service (and thus taxpayer) patronage at his hotel.  His whole raison d'etre seems to be to enrich himself and his businesses by hook or by crook.  Thus, his cry of "America First" is insincere because we all know who Trump's #1 actually is.

In short, we have a President fit only for fascists, fools, and plutocrats.

Gawdzilla Sama

We need to get OMB to start keeping score of the money spent by the Orange House.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 28, 2017, 12:25:23 PM
We need to get OMB to start keeping score of the money spent by the Orange House.

The US dollar has been worth Zero since 1971 ... so any amount tabulated ... equals Zero.  The public can be fooled all the time, and usually are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 28, 2017, 10:37:44 AM
I do.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_100_days_of_Barack_Obama%27s_presidency#Media_coverage
True.  But it is long enough to establish a baseline of behavior and policy goals if not results.

So far we have a series of deeply troubling appointments, blocking immigration from *certain* countries "to make us safer", a neocon foreign policy (which does NOT make us safer), an attempt to scrap Obamacare, gutting environmental regulation, and a budget that can be generously described as a windfall for the military and the rich but terrible for everyone else.

And on a personal level, we have a thin-skinned narcissist who angrily tweets about SNL mocking him, lies brazenly and constantly at a level unusual even among politicians, apparently makes policy decisions based off of Fox News broadcasts, and makes a mint off Secret Service (and thus taxpayer) patronage at his hotel.  His whole raison d'etre seems to be to enrich himself and his businesses by hook or by crook.  Thus, his cry of "America First" is insincere because we all know who Trump's #1 actually is.

In short, we have a President fit only for fascists, fools, and plutocrats.
I agree, and I did understate the significance of the first hundred days.  I was attempting respond to Drew's comment: "I hope the 100 days have allayed your worst fears...or maybe not." 

Policy has changed for sure, but my confidence in him remains as it was.  Of course, among my greatest concerns is that he is a loose cannon.  His staff scrambles to spin his comments, with statements like, "He didn't really mean that."  So part of my expectation is that he will continue to suggest wild remedies for problems that may or may not exist, much of it poorly thought through, and some things that might be harmful long term, if he actually gets congress to work with him.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on April 28, 2017, 12:54:18 PM
The public can be fooled all the time, and usually are.
Isn't that just the fucking case!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?