News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

100 Days and Counting

Started by Drew_2017, April 27, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reasonist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 01, 2017, 08:57:23 PM
I seen count of 488 outright lies and obvious misrepresentations in the past 100 days. I think that's low.

The Trump doctrine:

Deceive
Deny
Deflect
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on May 02, 2017, 09:01:22 AM
The Trump doctrine:

Deceive
Deny
Deflect

Greek doctrine:
Wine
Olives
Gayness

WOG?  Or maybe WWPD ... What would Pericles do?  I am sure that Pericles who invented Western politics, would be very much up on winning, and your three-D are part of the skills required to deal with your political opponents.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

reasonist

Quote from: Baruch on May 02, 2017, 01:14:49 PM
Greek doctrine:
Wine
Olives
Gayness

WOG?  Or maybe WWPD ... What would Pericles do?  I am sure that Pericles who invented Western politics, would be very much up on winning, and your three-D are part of the skills required to deal with your political opponents.

That maybe so, but I will remain an idealist. ALL politicians lie but Trump is taking this to a level not seen before. If you take the opposite of whatever he spews, you will be very close to the truth.
Your reference to Hellenism is noted; too bad it has been replaced by Messianism. That must have been the worst turn in human history.
Voltaire

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on May 01, 2017, 06:13:23 PM
Deep State wants to end the Bill of Rights ... and did, in about 1950.  Trump does what the Deep State wants, same as Hillary.  The US freedom of speech has been curtailed since the Cold War and the original McCarthy Red Scare.  By the 60s, all opposition was controlled opposition.
I tend to think it's not just the Deep State (whatever that is...there are different conceptions of it), but primarily it's the Council of Foreign Relations that's calling the shots.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

This Council of Foreign Relations?  A foreign policy think tank in charge of foreign policy?  If only we should be so lucky as to have relevant experts making the calls. 

Instead, we have a Rube Goldberg machine consisting of some combination of a handful of neocon advisers whispering in the President's ears, whatever Fox News broadcast aired that day, poll numbers, and the current emotional state of the President.  Quite the volatile mix.  And a far less comforting explanation for unpredictable and sometimes disastrous US foreign policy.

Also, if we take it as a given that the CFR are the puppet masters in control of American policies, it's strange how aghast they are of the policies that they presumably came up with.

Maybe they like to spill so much ink on criticisms to throw off the scent.  Maybe I'm a secret agent for them.  Maybe everyone you meet in the supermarket is a secret agent for them.  Maybe we're all slaves to their mind control.  Maybe the only way to block the signal is with tinfoil.

Unbeliever

Nah, I tried tinfoil, but Saran Wrap works better...

Well, here's the radio program I heard the other day about it. If you care to listen you can make up your own mind how credible the allegations of Shoup are:

http://projectcensored.org/laurence-shoup/
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on May 02, 2017, 02:28:23 PM
That maybe so, but I will remain an idealist. ALL politicians lie but Trump is taking this to a level not seen before. If you take the opposite of whatever he spews, you will be very close to the truth.
Your reference to Hellenism is noted; too bad it has been replaced by Messianism. That must have been the worst turn in human history.

In American history, Messianism is well founded (not even counting the colonial nut jobs in New England) ... with George Washington.  Relative to a political system where the head of state is ceremonial, and therefore the job is to be dignified ... it must come as a shock to witness the partisan militarism of a Commander In Chief.  Basically Chief Hun or Top Mongol.  And there has always been a struggle in the US between Hellenism and Latinism.  But both provide the examples of Alexander and Caesar.  Blame the Kurgan hordes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

well according to the man, he accomplished a lot of things in his first 100 days. It would be funny if he didn't actually believe he did something.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hydra009

Trump's first 100 days have been a mountain of bullshit.  And I wish it was just the bullshit, but there were also plenty of awful appointments and policies that came along with it.

The only thing that comes to mind that he's said that I can 100% agree with:

“We have spent $4 trillion trying to topple various people that, frankly, ... if we could have spent that $4 trillion in the United States to fix our roads, our bridges and all of the other problems, our airports and all of the other problems we have, we would have been a lot better off â€" I can tell you that right now.  We have done a tremendous disservice not only to the Middle East â€" we’ve done a tremendous disservice to humanity. The people that have been killed, the people that have been wiped away, and for what? It’s not like we had victory. It’s a mess. The Middle East is totally destabilized, a total and complete mess.” - Trump in 2015

Presumably, this was before beautiful babies entered the picture.

Baruch

Pre-candidates, candidates and elected officials are three different species.  Some prefer D tyranny over R tyranny, but most support tyranny.  This is why the West shouldn't be allowed to survive.  Of course the East would never make such a strategic mistake ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

reasonist

Quote from: Baruch on May 03, 2017, 07:14:59 AM
Pre-candidates, candidates and elected officials are three different species.  Some prefer D tyranny over R tyranny, but most support tyranny.  This is why the West shouldn't be allowed to survive.  Of course the East would never make such a strategic mistake ;-)

It seems that (many) people like a strong hand at the helm. Most of the time the strong hand is an autocrat, a despot who commands complete control and therfore does not allow any criticism or dissent. It's the 'Daddy' that watches over them and protects them; a feeling of security and stability. How else can one explain the free election of dictators like Erdogan, Duterte or Putin for example? North Korea is a different animal alltogether. There you have a political theocracy where the dear leader is a demi god to be worshipped at all times. A heredetary 'leader' and ruthless tyrant, who does not hesitate to kill members of his own family to consolidate power or starving his populace in oder to build up a military might. Trump falls into that very same category. If he could, he would silence all critics within the public discourse, eliminate the First Amendment and shift power in his favor by getting rid of all democratic institutions that your forefathers so wisely put in place to avoid the very checks and balances so dire needed for a free society. What is most disturbing is that so many people didn't see this coming, or even worse wanted to bring it on anyways. Not just you, the citizens of your country, but much of the world has to live and cope with this stupidity for at least four years, maybe even eight. We are all interconnected by emigration and commerce; a choice made out of anger or frustration can have potentially catastrophic consequences for people and Planet and the first 100 days have already shown that the danger is real.
Voltaire

Unbeliever

Here's Olbermann's take on Chump's first 100 days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgHYdvyTCJE

I really like Olbermann!
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

reasonist

Bernie speaks from conviction, not because of ideological necessity but as a moral imperative. He would have disturbed the establishment way too much; that's why he was not allowed to succeed.
Voltaire