News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

100 Days and Counting

Started by Drew_2017, April 27, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on May 23, 2017, 01:07:22 PM
Don't be gullible.  I haven't believed advertising, or fake news, since Disney betrayed us with the Flubber scandal.
Sure--I won't if you will quit yourself.  And there was no Flubber scandal--fake, fake news.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2017, 02:08:48 PM
Sure--I won't if you will quit yourself.  And there was no Flubber scandal--fake, fake news.

I was one of the kids that got hives from this poorly designed product (designed to go with he movie Flubber and compete with Silly Putty).  After that, it was Silly Putty or nothing!  And yes, I only mis-remember that, it never happened.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on May 23, 2017, 07:26:50 PM
I was one of the kids that got hives from this poorly designed product (designed to go with he movie Flubber and compete with Silly Putty).  After that, it was Silly Putty or nothing!  And yes, I only mis-remember that, it never happened.
They ya go.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 23, 2017, 12:05:15 PM
Other than surrounding himself with neo-cons and Goldman Sachs people when he said he would drain the swamp.

To Trump, "draining the swamp" means adding alligators and piranha...  And some parasites.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I wonder whether we've given Chump enough "benefit of the doubt" yet? How much more must he do before we can decide he's not fit for the role of "leader of the free world"? That's what they're now calling the German chancellor.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 24, 2017, 04:54:12 PM
I wonder whether we've given Chump enough "benefit of the doubt" yet? How much more must he do before we can decide he's not fit for the role of "leader of the free world"? That's what they're now calling the German chancellor.

It takes a lot of cheek to call Merkel "leader of the free world".  The Germans have never been free ... of being Germans.  There is no free lunch, hence no free world.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 24, 2017, 04:54:12 PM

The US will survive Trump.  Yes, with great difficulty.  The next President will have to mend fences and restore international alliances.  It will not be easy.

Or it may.  A few simple words from a new President could signal a return to international order and mutual assistance.  The question is "how soon" and "by whom"?  The world IS actually waiting.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2017, 12:36:51 PM
The US will survive Trump.  Yes, with great difficulty.  The next President will have to mend fences and restore international alliances.  It will not be easy.

Or it may.  A few simple words from a new President could signal a return to international order and mutual assistance.  The question is "how soon" and "by whom"?  The world IS actually waiting.

But international order, isn't having a Rothschild (Macron) or an E German (Merkel) telling the US what to do.  I would take Putin any day, over those two.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2017, 12:36:51 PM
  The world IS actually waiting.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

:headscratch:
God Not Found

fencerider

maybe Trump went to fight the swamp creatures and got bit. Now he is one of them.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 05, 2017, 03:32:58 AM
maybe Trump went to fight the swamp creatures and got bit. Now he is one of them.

Kudzu knows its own ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

You know..most politicians work with the proverbial house of cards. In Trump's case it's more like a house of sheets of wet toilet paper... Hell, used wet toilet paper. That might make a great cartoon..trump trying to build a house of cards with a roll of wet toilet paper..

I'm thinking we could use a president Underwood about now..either one, but preferably Claire Underwood..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2017, 06:54:38 AM
Kudzu knows its own ;-)
I think I'll start calling Chump the "Swamp Thing"...

God Not Found

Baruch

It gets worse, much worse.  A 25 year old naif ... with a James Bond girl name "Reality Winner" was given a top secret clearance in February, as a contractor to the NSA.  She stole a secret report today (and was caught by our super-powered FBI one hour later) and gave it to The Intercept for publication.  It didn't go to Wikileaks (which only publishes true stuff).  It reveals that all US elections have been controlled from Moscow since 1944 (well, almost).  And nobody can see the report, because it is still classified, but people at The Intercept can allege its contents to the amazed world.  The GRU (Russian military intelligence) has puppet controlled the US since August 2016 using its "goat staring" super powers.

As the Kekistanis keen ... Reeeeeeeeeee
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2017, 07:33:04 PM
I think I'll start calling Chump the "Swamp Thing"...

Do you have something against helpless vegetables?  The horror!  How is a vegetable to be "triggered" when they don't even have a nervous system to get nervous with!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.