Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

100 Days and Counting

Started by Drew_2017, April 27, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 20, 2017, 10:35:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAAPQoQXpkc

Glad he finally came around.  But it bugs me that the deciding factor was that Trump is such a bad liar that he's self-incriminating.  If Trump had simply stayed on message, the take-away from TJ and other people like TJ would simply be that the Washington Post and other news outlets critical of Trump are "fake news".

If Trump were a better liar, his rep would still be okay with a lot of people.  Sad.
The MSM basically smears all alternative media which TJ is a part of, helps with getting people like TJ's videos demonetized, threatening his very livlihood, while slandering the most popular youtubers as Nazis (pewdipie) because they see these people as a threat to their existence, and in return TJ calls them fake news. Sounds fair to me.

TJ was dumb to say that Trump should be given a chance before judged though. It was always clear to me that Trump was going to be a trainwreck, and he's turned out to be even worse than I had imagined.

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 21, 2017, 02:05:55 PMThe MSM basically smears all alternative media which TJ is a part of, helps with getting people like TJ's videos demonetized, threatening his very livlihood, while slandering the most popular youtubers as Nazis (pewdipie) because they see these people as a threat to their existence, and in return TJ calls them fake news. Sounds fair to me.
Assuming that's all true and true across the board (all mainstream newspapers/media are united in their quest to smear and wreck the livelihoods of all non-mainstream political commentators) the correct response to this injustice is what?  Return the favor and call everything "the MSN" does fake news?  Assume that the allegations against Trump are untrue because of some disdain for the Washington Post?

Blackleaf

Oh, man. I really think Trump is going to be impeached very soon. Admitting to obstruction of justice on national media was not the smartest thing Trump ever did. He's his own worst enemy. Even Republicans are starting to turn against him. I know if we manage to impeach Trump, we're still going to be stuck with Pence, but I'm starting to think even that will be an improvement. And maybe Trump will serve as an example to others why certain people do not belong in office. Maybe it'll even hurt Republicans well enough for them to lose the House and Senate majority. Wishful thinking, I know, but one can hope.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 21, 2017, 02:20:38 PM
Assuming that's all true and true across the board (all mainstream newspapers/media are united in their quest to smear and wreck the livelihoods of all non-mainstream political commentators) the correct response to this injustice is what?  Return the favor and call everything "the MSN" does fake news?  Assume that the allegations against Trump are untrue because of some disdain for the Washington Post?
If a news organization presents false or deceitful information on purpose even just five or ten percent of the time, I think it's fair to call them a fake news organization. Other people that are highly critical of MSM don't like MSM being called fake news, so fake news can mean different things to different people. I haven't watched many of TJs videos lately, but I've seen enough to know that he doesn't think everything  the MSM says is false. I think he understands that there is plenty of truth presented, mixed in with half truths and outright lies. I don't blame TJ for being hesitant to accept the Russia angle that the media has been pushing for months. The stuff that's come out the past week or so looks pretty bad for Trump, and maybe there is something there with Trump and Russia, but I don't blame TJ when the media was pushing the Russia thing for months on end with no evidence. There's nothing wrong with waiting for the evidence to come in. Why did TJ think Trump should be given a chance? I can't answer that. I guess the guy just has too much faith in humanity, or maybe he saw the SJWs screaming at the top of their lungs in the streets like babies and thought he was proving a point by doing the complete opposite of the SJWs? I don't know. It was fair to tell people to suck it up and accept that Trump won and that he is your president, like it or not, but waiting to give him a chance was taking things a step too far. He should have known better.

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 21, 2017, 06:40:04 PMIf a news organization presents false or deceitful information on purpose even just five or ten percent of the time, I think it's fair to call them a fake news organization.
If I held everyone to that standard, I'd never trust anything anyone says again.  And a lot of the big "alt" media names like Alex Jones would be the first to hit that threshold.

QuoteOther people that are highly critical of MSM don't like MSM being called fake news, so fake news can mean different things to different people.
I take it as an accusation of lying (because it is), which by the way, really ought to be supported in some way before I consider it valid.  I'm weird like that.

Trump really perfected the art of calling anything he doesn't like fake news and apparently a lot of simpletons believe it just because he said it.  This is not a trend I'm eager to get in on.

QuoteI don't blame TJ for being hesitant to accept the Russia angle that the media has been pushing for months. The stuff that's come out the past week or so looks pretty bad for Trump, and maybe there is something there with Trump and Russia, but I don't blame TJ when the media was pushing the Russia thing for months on end with no evidence. There's nothing wrong with waiting for the evidence to come in.
There's been plenty of small stuff that indicates something may be going on.  Nothing particularly concrete though, hence the investigation.

Quotemaybe he saw the SJWs screaming at the top of their lungs in the streets like babies and thought he was proving a point by doing the complete opposite of the SJWs?
He is known to be a bit of contrarian, which I think is stupid.  If it's illogical to take a position because it's popular, it's equally illogical to take a position because it's unpopular.

QuoteIt was fair to tell people to suck it up and accept that Trump won and that he is your president, like it or not
?  They knew Trump won, that's why they were protesting.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 21, 2017, 07:09:34 PM
If I held everyone to that standard, I'd never trust anything anyone says again.  And a lot of the big "alt" media names like Alex Jones would be the first to hit that threshold.
I take it as an accusation of lying (because it is), which by the way, really ought to be supported in some way before I consider it valid.  I'm weird like that.
The key words there were "on purpose". Everyone is entitled to make mistakes, but when the deceit and lying is clearly being done purposefully, they've earned our general distrust. Our pet name for Fox News here is Faux News, so in other words, Fake News. Much of what Fox reports is accurate though. I call news organizations that exist to prop up the Democratic establishment fake news the same way I call Fox, an organization that exists to prop up the Republican establishment, fake news. Some see Fox as a lot worse, but I don't think Fox is that much more deceitful than other MSM. Honestly there probably is a better term than "fake news" for me to be using when referring to MSM, but the term caught on and I find it funny so I'm sticking with it. I also like how it triggers people in the MSM. CNN claiming that them being called "fake news" is an equal insult to being called a nigger. Bernie Sanders getting his mic cut when he joked about CNN being fake news. It's hilarious. I don't have a problem with the opinion that MSM is not "fake news" though. Like I said, that term can mean different things depending on who you're talking to.

QuoteTrump really perfected the art of calling anything he doesn't like fake news and apparently a lot of simpletons believe it just because he said it.  This is not a trend I'm eager to get in on.
That's very true. Many Trump fans believe pretty much everything said against him is fake news. There are sadly plenty of these people out there. As far as Trump calling the MSM fake news, my thoughts on that are that he's just giving them a taste of their own medicine. They pretty much labeled him a fake, illegitimate President, so he returned the favour and calls them fake news.

Quote?  They knew Trump won, that's why they were protesting.
I know but they chanted "Not my President" and you had a bunch of people saying that something had to be done, etc.

Baruch

"I know but they chanted "Not my President" and you had a bunch of people saying that something had to be done, etc."

The first time I heard that in my lifetime, was Strom Thurmond saying that Bill Clinton wasn't his President.  Strom Thurmond died in 2003 ... good thing he didn't live to see Obama elected President.  Back in 1993 they were saying Bill Clinton was a our first Black President.  Was Bill being an early version of Dolezal?

Yes, the Democrats showed that they were the same KKK they always were ... only this time their targets are reversed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 21, 2017, 02:05:55 PM
It was always clear to me that Trump was going to be a trainwreck, and he's turned out to be even worse than I had imagined.
With you on that.  But the only credit I can give Drump is that he did not hide one single thing about how he would act when in office.  He was very clear and plain with how he would try and do things and how he would act.  He has done nothing so far that he did not say he would do.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Chump's a monster from the id!

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

fencerider

In 1996 Jane Akre and Steve Wilson reporters for Fox affiliate were working on a story involving a chemical made by Monsantos. (reporters didn't know there was a connection between the owners of Fox and the makers of the chemical) Fox wanted them to kill the story, but they wouldnt. Fox told them to lie but they refused so the got fired. They sued for wrongful termination and the court awarded them damages. But Fox appealed the case and the appeals court reversed the decision saying that lying is protected by the First Ammendment in 2003. Short story is that the court gave Fox Television the right to lie on the air. Faux News aka fake News.

you can read more about it by google "Fox News wrongful termination lawsuite 2003". (if anybody finds the case # I would like to see it)

I dont think they are any more fake than Alex Jones or Hannidee, but considering the current or was it the previous owner? of Fox is an ex-con from Australia I got no reason to trust them. Not to mention Trump doesn't need anyone putting spin on the story to get in trouble. He really likes the taste of his boots
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Fake news was invented long before movies and TV and Youtube.  Fox didn't invent it. See the change in broadcast rules under Reagan, for an explanation.

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1880786,00.html

The parties are simply fighting over trivial control over the CIA disinformation campaign.  The parties aren't autonomous, they are controlled by the CIA disinformation campaign, and the Elite.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on May 23, 2017, 06:19:27 AM
Fake news was invented long before movies and TV and Youtube.  Fox didn't invent it.
Yeah, but they sure the fuck fine-tuned it!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 22, 2017, 08:39:09 PM
With you on that.  But the only credit I can give Drump is that he did not hide one single thing about how he would act when in office.  He was very clear and plain with how he would try and do things and how he would act.  He has done nothing so far that he did not say he would do.
Other than surrounding himself with neo-cons and Goldman Sachs people when he said he would drain the swamp.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2017, 11:10:30 AM
Yeah, but they sure the fuck fine-tuned it!!

Don't be gullible.  I haven't believed advertising, or fake news, since Disney betrayed us with the Flubber scandal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 23, 2017, 12:05:15 PM
Other than surrounding himself with neo-cons and Goldman Sachs people when he said he would drain the swamp.

Ds and Rs are the two species of Creature From the Black Lagoon ... you can't expect the swamp to drain itself ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM1o1xe5FGE
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.