Author Topic: Historical Criticism of the Bible  (Read 182 times)

Offline Baruch (OP)

Historical Criticism of the Bible
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »
... this is a segment on text criticism, something many of us have already studied ...

Segment of a recent class at Yale ... that is up to date dealing with the non-divinity of these writings and the diversity of secular scholarly option on them.
שלום

Re: Historical Criticism of the Bible
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 07:50:53 PM »
No no no! Moses wrote the whole Bible, all the way through to Revelation!

He just wrote it under the pseudonym of JEDP... :jazzband:
God Not Found
"The Pope may act outside the law, above the law, and against the law."
St. Robert Bellarmine

Offline Baruch (OP)

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 10:54:06 PM »
To be fair ... historical criticism of Muhammad ...
שלום

Offline aitm

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »
so much interest in a "book" that pronounces women as inferior to men, tattoos as a sin(which actually I would agree with :)  ) shaving your beard as an abomination and a multitude of incredibly imbecilic proclamations that could ONLY come from ignorant humans, and if they did somehow come from a god, then it is indeed an incredibly imbecilic god.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Offline Baruch (OP)

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 05:39:03 PM »
so much interest in a "book" that pronounces women as inferior to men, tattoos as a sin(which actually I would agree with :)  ) shaving your beard as an abomination and a multitude of incredibly imbecilic proclamations that could ONLY come from ignorant humans, and if they did somehow come from a god, then it is indeed an incredibly imbecilic god.

I have been around for over 6 decades too ... but I find that most apes are superior to humans.  Now if there was a scripture that proclaimed Bonobos the holy people ... I might be tempted to believe it.
שלום

Offline aitm

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 09:09:21 PM »
I have been around for over 6 decades too ... but I find that most apes are superior to humans.  Now if there was a scripture that proclaimed Bonobos the holy people ... I might be tempted to believe it.

I have as many decades as well...and I am confident that "superiority" is a human construct... albeit misplaced arrogance. There is nothing that suggests....in the end...humans have a better "ending" than the amoeba, the rat, the cockroach or the bonobo.... or the tree, the carrot or the sun.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 07:50:47 PM »

God Not Found
"The Pope may act outside the law, above the law, and against the law."
St. Robert Bellarmine