News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Historical Criticism of the Bible

Started by Baruch, April 25, 2017, 11:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy5ue0QPUOo ... this is a segment on text criticism, something many of us have already studied ...

Segment of a recent class at Yale ... that is up to date dealing with the non-divinity of these writings and the diversity of secular scholarly option on them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

No no no! Moses wrote the whole Bible, all the way through to Revelation!

He just wrote it under the pseudonym of JEDP... :jazzband:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

so much interest in a "book" that pronounces women as inferior to men, tattoos as a sin(which actually I would agree with :)  ) shaving your beard as an abomination and a multitude of incredibly imbecilic proclamations that could ONLY come from ignorant humans, and if they did somehow come from a god, then it is indeed an incredibly imbecilic god.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on May 06, 2017, 02:13:16 PM
so much interest in a "book" that pronounces women as inferior to men, tattoos as a sin(which actually I would agree with :)  ) shaving your beard as an abomination and a multitude of incredibly imbecilic proclamations that could ONLY come from ignorant humans, and if they did somehow come from a god, then it is indeed an incredibly imbecilic god.

I have been around for over 6 decades too ... but I find that most apes are superior to humans.  Now if there was a scripture that proclaimed Bonobos the holy people ... I might be tempted to believe it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on May 06, 2017, 05:39:03 PM
I have been around for over 6 decades too ... but I find that most apes are superior to humans.  Now if there was a scripture that proclaimed Bonobos the holy people ... I might be tempted to believe it.

I have as many decades as well...and I am confident that "superiority" is a human construct... albeit misplaced arrogance. There is nothing that suggests....in the end...humans have a better "ending" than the amoeba, the rat, the cockroach or the bonobo.... or the tree, the carrot or the sun.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on May 06, 2017, 02:13:16 PM

God Not Found

Cavebear

"Religion is based on the idea that God is an imbecile".

Yeah, IF there was one...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Actually, I think religion is based on the idea that believers are imbeciles.
God Not Found

aitm

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 07, 2017, 04:45:00 PM

well, you get a brownie for that point.....but it has to come from Barauch.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 07, 2017, 04:45:00 PM
Well, yeah, if there is no God, that sort of leaves only the believers...

aitm

The babble has a whole book dedicated to how much one has to pay the priests....now most normal people might raise an eyebrow and in their best British accent would utter, "Sorry mate, da fuck you say"?

But alas as most are indeed imbeciles, the usual response is, " thats not in the bible , yer jes makin shit up".

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on June 18, 2017, 09:10:18 PM
The babble has a whole book dedicated to how much one has to pay the priests....now most normal people might raise an eyebrow and in their best British accent would utter, "Sorry mate, da fuck you say"?

But alas as most are indeed imbeciles, the usual response is, " thats not in the bible , yer jes makin shit up".

My experience is that most theists truly are believers.  That doesn't mean I think they are the brightest bulbs in the lamp, but they do believe.  I feel sad for them.  They live in a dream world.

It's the ones who don't believe but act as if they did that anger me. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 20, 2017, 04:44:31 AM
My experience is that most theists truly are believers.  That doesn't mean I think they are the brightest bulbs in the lamp, but they do believe.  I feel sad for them.  They live in a dream world.

It's the ones who don't believe but act as if they did that anger me.

Theists don't like hypocrits either.  Good that there are people you feel superior to ;-)  I still believe in the American dream, in spite of the evidence that it is bullshit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found