Isn't our real problem, alienation?

Started by Baruch, June 03, 2017, 05:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

We can be alienated against ourselves, against women/men, against colored/white, against conservative/liberal, against adults/children, against the State lawlessness.  So many things to vent about.  Maybe we need to get past all that, and realize that our alienation, not the object of our alienation, is the problem ... and deal with that.  I am ready to be less alienated, less pissed off.  Anyone willing to join me?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on June 03, 2017, 05:25:27 PM
We can be alienated against ourselves, against women/men, against colored/white, against conservative/liberal, against adults/children, against the State lawlessness.  So many things to vent about.  Maybe we need to get past all that, and realize that our alienation, not the object of our alienation, is the problem ... and deal with that.  I am ready to be less alienated, less pissed off.  Anyone willing to join me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg6iQxpdgLI

SGOS

I'm OK with my alienation.  I'm that way on purpose, because most people aren't worth a shit.  Alienation is simply the better alternative than having to associate with the assholes.  So be grateful for the option and welcome it.  Why would you want to align yourself with people you don't want to be around? 

And the thing is you are never totally alienated.  Unless your a total dickwad yourself, you're going to have at least a few friends, so you can be with people you actually like being around part of the time.

aitm

I don't have an "alienation" against people, I am more indifferent which is probably sadder on my part. I am of the sub-concious belief it seems, that as I had to scrap and claw to get to where I am, I am not disposed to helping people if I think they have not given enough of a fight. As to other things in life...meh.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

The problem of Americans is not that we live in alienation, but that we live in "a lie nation."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2017, 08:29:05 PM
The problem of Americans is not that we live in alienation, but that we live in "a lie nation."

See my new post on Graham Priest in this same section.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.