Author Topic: The Object and The Hazard  (Read 419 times)

Re: The Object and The Hazard
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2017, 11:04:38 PM »
Damn.....offended much?

I thought I may have been a little too abrasive.

Thanks for saying how you really feel though.....dick

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
I do find it interesting to see how easy it is to get your goat.  And you say you have love and kindness in your heart for all.  Well, I can see that your professed attitude is pretty much like your god--a fiction. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2017, 12:51:05 AM »
I do find it interesting to see how easy it is to get your goat.  And you say you have love and kindness in your heart for all.  Well, I can see that your professed attitude is pretty much like your god--a fiction.
I strive to abide by the same things you do and never said it was easy for me or that I was without fault, but whatever.

So now I'm wrong for calling you a dick for being a dick?

It is profanity and not becoming, but it is oh so fitting.

Does that make me right for calling you one? Nope; never said I was right or good or anything, but that I do try to be.

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2017, 01:11:39 AM »
I strive to abide by the same things you do and never said it was easy for me or that I was without fault, but whatever.

So now I'm wrong for calling you a dick for being a dick?

It is profanity and not becoming, but it is oh so fitting.

Does that make me right for calling you one? Nope; never said I was right or good or anything, but that I do try to be.

Okay, I'm a dick.  Whatever that means to you--no problem.  You indicated that I said something that I did not say.  Correcting you makes me a dick, I'm comfortable with that.  As I used to tell my students--I'm an asshole, and as long as you understand that we should get along fine.  And we usually did.  The difference between my students and you, is that I could send the students out of my room--can I send you to stand in the corner for not realizing sooner that I'm a dick???  You still believe in a fiction--no wonder you such a hard time following the dictates of your fiction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline aitm

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2017, 03:58:10 PM »
You base GOD not existing on the fact that YOU cannot observe IT in nature.

Not quite nancy... a)religions define their god. b) so far those definitions, any and all of them have yet to offer any support to the claims. c) I don't need no effin c.
The gods of the multitude of religions, of the hundreds of thousands of god humanity has worshipped has not, not a single one, shown any type of evidence....ANY type of evidence that it has the type of power ascribed to it by "its" followers. The very fact that humanity has proven time and time again that it invents gods to suit its specific culture is lost on you. The mountains of evidence that every single god has been a manifestation of human imagination simply does not seem to bother you. You are like a child with some mild mental problems.  "oh.....not that flower, but THAT flower is a SPECIAL flower..." Oy.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2017, 08:22:03 PM »
Wow guys. I leave for a few days and everyone is at eachothers throats. Nice.
"It's easier to imagine the death of the world then it is to imagine the death of capitalism." Henry Giroux

"You are two people, still separated by an ocean of time."
The Dictionary of Obscure Shadows: Dès Vu