4/20 Russia wiretap story buried in other news

Started by fencerider, April 22, 2017, 02:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

Summary of 4/20/17 Russian wiretap update:

In 2013 a Russian agent approached Carter Page to ask for information about U.S.. Not knowing what he was up to the FBI began keeping tabs on where he was going and who he was talking to. Then after becoming part of Trump's 2016 campaign staff Page made a speech at a Russian university. The FBI heard the speech and had a suspicion that a Russian helped him write the speech to send a coded message. They didn't want to interfere with the election so they were going to wait until after the election to investigate. Some one on the Trump team pointed out the cloud around Page so he was removed by Trump from the campaign. The FBI went soon after to the FISA court to get permission to begin surveillance on Carter Page.

In other news- not much going on with investigation of Trump/Russia connection because Congress is still on vacation. May be something there.... UK intelligence intercepted enough suspiscious communication between Russia and Trump that the decided to fill the US intelligence on the details.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on April 22, 2017, 02:04:48 AM
Summary of 4/20/17 Russian wiretap update:

In 2013 a Russian agent approached Carter Page to ask for information about U.S.. Not knowing what he was up to the FBI began keeping tabs on where he was going and who he was talking to. Then after becoming part of Trump's 2016 campaign staff Page made a speech at a Russian university. The FBI heard the speech and had a suspicion that a Russian helped him write the speech to send a coded message. They didn't want to interfere with the election so they were going to wait until after the election to investigate. Some one on the Trump team pointed out the cloud around Page so he was removed by Trump from the campaign. The FBI went soon after to the FISA court to get permission to begin surveillance on Carter Page.

n other news- not much going on with investigation of Trump/Russia connection because Congress is still on vacation. May be something there.... UK intelligence intercepted enough suspiscious communication between Russia and Trump that the decided to fill the US intelligence on the details.

The FBI, CIA and 15 other intelligence agencies surveil many people, particularly any foreigners in the US that have status, and any Americans who contact such people.  I would be surveilled if I visited the Russian consulate for business reasons.  We also know that people are opportunists, who cut deals for themselves (it is called lobbying) that doesn't rise to the level of being an unregistered foreign agent.  Corrupt business practices abound in both the US and Russia.  So white collar crimes may have been committed by people associated with the Trump or Clinton teams.  It is unlikely that either engaged in felonious behavior as a group, though individuals may have.  In any given organization about 10% of the staff are ... marginal.

This is separate from the NSA fish netting all the phone and Internet communication into and out of the US.  I doubt they do much fish netting on traffic that stays within the US, it would be an inefficient way to perform "traffic analysis" ... which in intel means ... who do you know and when did you contact them.  According to six degrees of separation, I know Putin.  The FISA court would allow Spong Bob to do whatever he wanted ... so I don't see its permission to amount to anything.  And yes, the Five Eyes share everything.  But the political interests of GB, Canada, Australia and NZ, don't match up with each other, nor they with the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Haven't figured out for myself what the Media/Democrats/Republicans are up to.  Are they trying to cover up something real, or are they trying to promote a conspiracy theory?  I'm so cynical about the government's propaganda machine that I'm pulling out my special pass that gives me temporary rights to the "excluded middle" fallacy.  You know it.  I know it.  The American People know it.  There's something afoot.  It may or may not be real, but it's indeed afoot.  There's somebody behind it, and it's nefarious.  Of this there can be no doubt.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 22, 2017, 09:49:33 AM
Haven't figured out for myself what the Media/Democrats/Republicans are up to.  Are they trying to cover up something real, or are they trying to promote a conspiracy theory?  I'm so cynical about the government's propaganda machine that I'm pulling out my special pass that gives me temporary rights to the "excluded middle" fallacy.  You know it.  I know it.  The American People know it.  There's something afoot.  It may or may not be real, but it's indeed afoot.  There's somebody behind it, and it's nefarious.  Of this there can be no doubt.

If I could voluntarily go into a coma, and wake up 12 months from now, that would avoid a lot of anxiety attacks.  As it is, I will just have to Zen it.  What is the sound of one more nuke going off ... if there is nobody alive to hear it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.