Anyone Here Planning on Taking this Event In?

Started by SGOS, July 18, 2017, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on July 19, 2017, 07:21:40 PM
If you want to experience it as the ancients did, you have to be a pagan, not an atheist.
I might become a pagan.  The eclipse could be the turning point.

Gawdzilla Sama

GE will be around Carbondale, Ill., about two hours from me. We'll be hanging out at Crab Orchard Lake.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 20, 2017, 12:09:22 AM
I might become a pagan.  The eclipse could be the turning point.

For an atheist to have an apotheosis ... would be quite interesting ;-)  But you have to imagine that the Sun is a hole in the solid sky, and the Moon is a cover.  Do you have the power of imagination?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

My last total eclipse was 1970, and I've been planning our trip for almost 2 years. Had a perfect spot picked out on the Cherohala Skyway. Now it looks like I'll be in Kwajalein. Literally on the other side of the world. I'm not happy about it.

Wishing everyone else clear skies and a spectacular event.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

trdsf

Our local science museum is hosting a trip to Nashville to see it.  I'm going with them.  And in 2024, another eclipse comes to my back yard -- the core of the path isn't even an hour away, and passes almost directly over Wapakoneta, home of the Neil Armstrong Museum.  Sounds like a delightful day trip.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

I plan to experience the 80% shadow and watch the total online later.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!