Main Menu

Depression that may not be depression

Started by MyelinSheath, April 17, 2017, 12:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on April 22, 2017, 11:29:59 AM
Kierkegaard ... theistic existentialism
Sartre ... atheist existentialism

At my first semester anniversary at university my big brother bought me a book. Just what every over-sexed hyper boned teenage kid in a collage town wanted....."Existentialism... from Dostoyevsky to Sarte"...what the fuck?  A rather impressive book that I occasionally strifed through but mostly fanned the pages in effort to make it look read and left it about the living room to enhance my chances in my sole pursuit of pussy.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

MyelinSheath

Do you ever just think...damn, natural selection sure is bad at it's job! It's supposed to weed out genes like mine. I shouldn't exist. I wish I didn't 99.9999999(infinitesimal 9s)% of the time.

Mr.Obvious

I think if we hadn't become adapt at adapting the environment that adapts us through natural selection, 99% Of us would already have died by now.

Anyways, You may not be born lucky. But you are lucky to be born.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 28, 2017, 03:55:52 AM
I think if we hadn't become adapt at adapting the environment that adapts us through natural selection, 99% Of us would already have died by now.

Anyways, You may not be born lucky. But you are lucky to be born.

Unfortunately, changing the environment to better adapt to us, creates a metastable situation ... if we lose our grip, the environment reverts to being the hostile bitch she is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

We are all just the sperm that got to the ova fastest and able to join it.  For every dumb-as-hell person, the next sperm might have been a winner.  Its sad to think sperm-speed controls so much...

Yeah, yeah, environment and epigenetics matter, but it starts and it greatly decided with the winning little squiggler.  A twitch and a change of thrust can be Einstein or the village idiot.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

I wonder if an individual sperm experiences an orgasm when it reaches the egg first?

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on June 15, 2017, 11:13:28 AM
I wonder if an individual sperm experiences an orgasm when it reaches the egg first?

I don't think so. They don't have brains or a nervous system, so they shouldn't experience anything.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 15, 2017, 06:33:49 PM
I don't think so. They don't have brains or a nervous system, so they shouldn't experience anything.

I would agree, that they won't be nervous about anything ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 15, 2017, 06:33:49 PM
But they act just like me and my friends going after that one hottie when we were in high school.  Of course, we didn't have brains or nervous systems either.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 15, 2017, 08:37:03 PM
But they act just like me and my friends going after that one hottie when we were in high school.  Of course, we didn't have brains or nervous systems either.

You had slightly more than a sperm.  A sperm is about as simple as it gets.  YOU were probably also thinking of cool cars, sports figures, and food at the same time.  That is at least 3x as complicated.  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 04:43:04 AM
You had slightly more than a sperm.  A sperm is about as simple as it gets.  YOU were probably also thinking of cool cars, sports figures, and food at the same time.  That is at least 3x as complicated.  ;)

Silly gametes!  Half the sperm are girls.  The woman's egg is all girl.  Males are not (at the gamete level), we are bi-gendered.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.