News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Logic Please ...

Started by TrueCreed, April 15, 2017, 11:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 23, 2017, 08:52:18 AM

Maybe righteousness and what you understand to be morality are two different things.

Riiiight. Like demanding a womans hand be cut off for rushing to save her husband life? Like demanding that babies be killed and little girls be raped? Yeah,,,your god is one righteous piece of shit all right.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

I hated that band... Creed.... *shudders*....

fencerider

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 17, 2017, 07:54:03 PM
Isaac means to laugh. Ishmael means God listens.
Ishmael was born first so that means god listens and then he laughs.

I think we should have Neptune Day somewhere around the middle of June. Everyone must pay hommage by going swimming
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 25, 2017, 01:45:28 AM
Ishmael was born first so that means god listens and then he laughs.

I think we should have Neptune Day somewhere around the middle of June. Everyone must pay hommage by going swimming

Don't try this at home if you are named Ulysses (or Grant).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

My ex is a librarian.  On a few occasions she applied for a grant.  Sometimes she was given a grant.  I have no idea why I'm posting this.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 25, 2017, 08:17:33 AM
My ex is a librarian.  On a few occasions she applied for a grant.  Sometimes she was given a grant.  I have no idea why I'm posting this.

Who is buried in grants tomb?  All the grants what were never approved ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: TrueCreed on April 15, 2017, 11:58:42 PM
That's one Peaceful God Right There ...

Yeah...peaceful...

Quote from: Jeremiah 25:33And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 26, 2017, 05:02:21 PM
Yeah...peaceful...

Unfortunately the vision of Jeremiah did happen, and continues to happen.  It is debatable if G-d wants this or not ... I tend to consider G-d to be more the irresponsible type than the evil type.  Armageddon is based on the earliest battle we have details about .. between Pharaoh Thutmose and the Canaanites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Megiddo_(15th_century_BC)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 23, 2017, 09:19:43 AM
I believe Christmas Day should be celebrated by abstinence, fasting, and day long meditation in 24 hour solitude without the encumbrance of family or loved ones.

Why celebrate "Christ Mass Day" at all?  I don't.  Its not like there is even any evidence that he existed at all.  Basically, some scrub-up of various wandering preachers at the time written about a century later, I suspect.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I agree.

Hell, I don't even celebrate my own birthday - why would I celebrate that of some fictional character?
God Not Found

Cavebear

Well, I do note my own birthday.  One day closer to the inevitable but logical end to my brain each year...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 29, 2017, 04:01:40 AM
Why celebrate "Christ Mass Day" at all?  I don't.  Its not like there is even any evidence that he existed at all.  Basically, some scrub-up of various wandering preachers at the time written about a century later, I suspect.

Unless you are Catholic etc you don't celebrate Mass anyway ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't know why Catholics don't call it mess - since they eat during it.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 03, 2017, 09:49:29 PM
I don't know why Catholics don't call it mess - since they eat during it.

Last phrase of the Latin the priest says ... "dismissa est" ... you are dismissed.  It is a very old joke.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.