News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Logic Please ...

Started by TrueCreed, April 15, 2017, 11:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueCreed

"I will destroy ... both man and beast."
God is angry. He decides to destroy all humans, beasts, creeping things, fowls, and "all flesh wherein there is breath of life." He plans to drown them all. 6:7, 17

Every living substance that I have made will I destroy."
God repeats his intention to kill "every living substance ... from off the face of the earth." But why does God kill all the innocent animals? What had they done to deserve his wrath? It seems God never gets his fill of tormenting animals.But Why has he created them then? 7:4

"All flesh died that moved upon the earth."
God drowns everything that breathes air. From newborn babies to koala bears -- all creatures great and small, the Lord God drowned them all. 7:21-23

Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead. He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes." This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Peter 2:7-8. 19:7-8

Lot's nameless wife looks back, and God turns her into a pillar of salt. 19:26

Abraham shows his willingness to kill his son for God. Only an evil God would ask a father to do that; only a bad father would be willing to do it. 22:10

"Thou shalt not kill." 20:13

Moses murders an Egyptian after making sure that no one is looking. 2:11-12

It Really Bring Peace Upon The World ... A Last Statement Just To Contradict What I Just Said ...

"I came not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" - Matthew 10:34 ...

That's one Peaceful God Right There ...

Mr.Obvious

Right you are.
Feel free to make an intro thread. As a newby with les than ten Posts, that's actually THE only one you are supposed to make.
Welcome.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Because god is a made up character by desert dwellers who lived in a shit part of the world and were very bitter at just about everything, so their made up sky daddy reflected that bitterness.

Happy Easter :D
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

I am one of the pet theists here.  And I can testify that G-d is a monster, worse than Cthulhu.  And he hates chocolate bunny eaters most of all .. bwahaha.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

I've always assumed that to be true, most seasons that are based on something religious has a split between the faith worship, and the associated holiday tradition, such as how much people of faith hate all the decorations and santa saying it detracts from the worship of their jesus.
I imagine the bunny does the same for easter.

Atheon

God this, Jesus that....

Hint: It's all made up. It's NOT REAL.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on April 16, 2017, 08:21:30 AM
I've always assumed that to be true, most seasons that are based on something religious has a split between the faith worship, and the associated holiday tradition, such as how much people of faith hate all the decorations and santa saying it detracts from the worship of their jesus.
I imagine the bunny does the same for easter.

Christians have no room to complain, seeing as they stole the holidays from pagans in the first place. Don't think they're not trying to do the same with Halloween and Thanksgiving.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 16, 2017, 10:01:36 AM
Christians have no room to complain, seeing as they stole the holidays from pagans in the first place. Don't think they're not trying to do the same with Halloween and Thanksgiving.

aye, I've regarded most holidays to be a long standing cluster of concepts down the generations thrown together into what we know now, so any complaint from faith worshipers just seems even more ridiculous when it was their previous ancestors who instilled those concepts to begin with.

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on April 16, 2017, 08:57:26 AM
God this, Jesus that....

Hint: It's all made up. It's NOT REAL.

But you bite the ears off a chocolate bunny, am I right?  Cannibal ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 16, 2017, 10:10:47 AM
aye, I've regarded most holidays to be a long standing cluster of concepts down the generations thrown together into what we know now, so any complaint from faith worshipers just seems even more ridiculous when it was their previous ancestors who instilled those concepts to begin with.

Catholics ... pagans in disguise
Protestants ... bad Catholics
Mormons ... bad Protestants

Wonder why I am more sympathetic to Jews?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Jehovah's Witnesses…bad Mormons?

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 16, 2017, 02:46:35 PM
Jehovah's Witnesses…bad Mormons?

Yes, in their original form ... only 140,000 saved.  Also they are rumored to abuse their families (not usually true of most Mormons).  Most Mormons aren't polygamists either, so I am not counting that against them.

Not to pick on religions ... but with Islam, even the Quran complains about Arabs being non-believing ... and about their hypocrisy.  As I see it, as originally intended, Arab culture was chaotic and double dealing and vice ridden.  Muhammad tried to establish order, establish integrity, and cut down on the vice (mostly drinking, gambling, girl infanticide, fortune telling).  All the Abrahamic faiths originally supported slavery of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: TrueCreed on April 15, 2017, 11:58:42 PM
"I will destroy ... both man and beast."
God is angry. He decides to destroy all humans, beasts, creeping things, fowls, and "all flesh wherein there is breath of life." He plans to drown them all. 6:7, 17

Every living substance that I have made will I destroy."
God repeats his intention to kill "every living substance ... from off the face of the earth." But why does God kill all the innocent animals? What had they done to deserve his wrath? It seems God never gets his fill of tormenting animals.But Why has he created them then? 7:4

"All flesh died that moved upon the earth."
God drowns everything that breathes air. From newborn babies to koala bears -- all creatures great and small, the Lord God drowned them all. 7:21-23

Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two "virgin daughters" instead. He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes." This is the same man that is called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Peter 2:7-8. 19:7-8

Lot's nameless wife looks back, and God turns her into a pillar of salt. 19:26

Abraham shows his willingness to kill his son for God. Only an evil God would ask a father to do that; only a bad father would be willing to do it. 22:10

"Thou shalt not kill." 20:13

Moses murders an Egyptian after making sure that no one is looking. 2:11-12

It Really Bring Peace Upon The World ... A Last Statement Just To Contradict What I Just Said ...

"I came not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" - Matthew 10:34 ...

That's one Peaceful God Right There ...

Nice satire on the bible!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

You want some Logic? Your wish is my command...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Thou shalt go out and buy lots of Chinese made crap every December and leave a half naked fake baby on your front lawn in the dead of winter along with a bunch of fake homeless people.  And don't forget all the sparkly shit..gotta have the sparkly shit! -God
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.