News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

For you Harry Potter fans

Started by Sorginak, April 14, 2017, 01:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

I haven't decided if I want to see the new movies or not.  My fandom ended with Hair-Brained Plot... er, Half-Blood Prince.  It was fun up to that point, unreadable after.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on April 14, 2017, 03:26:54 PM
I haven't decided if I want to see the new movies or not.  My fandom ended with Hair-Brained Plot... er, Half-Blood Prince.  It was fun up to that point, unreadable after.
I read them so that my librarian wife would have someone to argue with. Read the first one in one day. By the time the Deathly Hallows came around I was glad she was up to adult reading level.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

I thought it was fun when the fundamentalists got their noses out of joint over Harry Potter.  Never read it, but watched the movies.  I enjoyed the fundamentalist fuss, more than the movies, however.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on April 15, 2017, 01:20:27 PM
I thought it was fun when the fundamentalists got their noses out of joint over Harry Potter.  Never read it, but watched the movies.  I enjoyed the fundamentalist fuss, more than the movies, however.
Yeah, and they ignored that Hogwarts had vacations at Christmas AND Easter. Hagrid hauled twelve trees into the great hall for Xmas.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on April 14, 2017, 03:26:54 PM
Same.  I really liked Order of the Phoenix.  Imo, the series would have been better with Umbridge was the main villain instead of No-nose. She's far more hateable than him.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 15, 2017, 03:05:59 PM
Same.  I really liked Order of the Phoenix.  Imo, the series would have been better with Umbridge was the main villain instead of No-nose. She's far more hateable than him.
Finnes killed Harry's mum and da. Case closed.
PZ Myers