Trump is ready for U.S. first strike against N Korea

Started by fencerider, April 13, 2017, 07:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

I seriously need to get my printer out of storage and send the Speaker a letter. The guy clearly never tried to understand the Constitution or he wouldn't be putting up with Trump's wild moves.

The power to declare war is given to Congress
The power to authorize covert operations is also given to Congress.
Congress can not write a law that violates the Constitution (i.e. Congress can not give away power to the President that the Constitution gives specifically to Congress)

In short all military action must be authorized by Congress....

and if you really want to get into the weeds and make a thorough study of the Constitution you find that Congress and not the President is in charge of foreign policy.

Congress has carte blanche authority to control trade, power to declare war, power to authorize covert operations (letters of marq and letters of reprisal- specific targets or targets of opportunity), power to approve or disapprove a treaty, power to maintain or disband the army, respnsibility to write the training manual for the military, power to make loans from foreign governments

and what does the President got? power to write but not approve a treaty, responsibility to lead the military when Congress calls for military action and thats it

well time to changed the subject I get seriously pisssed at how ignorant of the Constitutions that the leaders of Congress show every day
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Sorginak

Funny how Congress did not declare war during Clinton or Obama, yet it did during Bush and Trump. 

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 14, 2017, 03:16:13 AM
Funny how Congress did not declare war during Clinton or Obama, yet it did during Bush and Trump.

Congress hasn't done anything since 1941.  No war, including Korea, has ever been declared.  Congress reserves the right to stop funding it, after it starts ... but they have no balls.  Trump keeps trying to grab them by their pussy, but no luck so far.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on April 14, 2017, 03:13:44 AM
I seriously need to get my printer out of storage and send the Speaker a letter. The guy clearly never tried to understand the Constitution or he wouldn't be putting up with Trump's wild moves.

The power to declare war is given to Congress
The power to authorize covert operations is also given to Congress.
Congress can not write a law that violates the Constitution (i.e. Congress can not give away power to the President that the Constitution gives specifically to Congress)

In short all military action must be authorized by Congress....

and if you really want to get into the weeds and make a thorough study of the Constitution you find that Congress and not the President is in charge of foreign policy.

Congress has carte blanche authority to control trade, power to declare war, power to authorize covert operations (letters of marq and letters of reprisal- specific targets or targets of opportunity), power to approve or disapprove a treaty, power to maintain or disband the army, respnsibility to write the training manual for the military, power to make loans from foreign governments

and what does the President got? power to write but not approve a treaty, responsibility to lead the military when Congress calls for military action and thats it

well time to changed the subject I get seriously pisssed at how ignorant of the Constitutions that the leaders of Congress show every day

Not ignorant, plausible deniability.  If the war is good, they take credit, if the war is bad, they blame the President.  Same as the damn budget.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 14, 2017, 12:01:40 AM
Great idea, the best idea even! Obviously the only reason the US has left North Korea mostly alone for so long is because we didn't have a wonderful fuhrer like Trump! There is no reason for a containment strategy at all! It certainly couldn't lead to a geopolitical crisis because of complicated and conflicting interests, alliances and treaties, there's no way a situation like that would ever happen in Asia. Bring up the draft boys, we're going all in!

Some of those good ol boys in the military will get a first hand look at what "Making America Great Again" looks like firsthand. If China gets involved we might all get a taste of it. #winning

The guys who want to bring back the draft, and this time with women, and no exclusion for college students ... are having blue balls right now.  Hope you know a way to Canada.  Yes, containment is for pussies, and our new President loves to grab reality by the pussy, not be one.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 14, 2017, 01:38:07 AM
North Korea is a nuclear-powered IED that could turn ugly very quickly and very tragically.

Even our best Presidents would have a tough time dealing with it should the missiles start flying - minimizing civilian deaths, coordinating with our allies, and coaxing China into cooperating with or at least not hindering a US-led military coalition threateningly positioned on China's doorstep.

And that's just phase one.  After the nail-biting military campaign, there's the daunting task of managing a postwar North Korea - dealing with the humanitarian crisis, building infrastructure, and re-introducing a populace traumatized and extensively brainwashed back to the rule of law and some semblance of democracy.

That's a hell of a task that would sorely try even our best and brightest.  Trump is not our best.  Trump typically isn't even the best in the room, and I'm including the time he spent on Pat Robertson's lap.

I despite the DPRK regime as much as anyone else.  That country is run like one big concentration camp centered around a cult of personality.  Severe human rights abuses have been going on there decade after decade.  Sooner or later, it needs to end.

But it needs to be put to an end extremely carefully.  If we're just going to end up shooting from the hip, it would be better to just stay in harbor indefinitely.

Republicans want to refight the Korean War and the Vietnam War.   Those were run by pussy Democrats.  So expect Trump to also drop a MOAB on Hanoi.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 14, 2017, 01:44:36 AM
Does anyone have a fallout shelter they wanna share? I promise I won't kill you, eat your flesh, and make some sort of weird skin suit to wear while I'm conquering the wastes.

Learn contortionism from those Mongolian ladies, so you can manage to kiss your own ass goodbye.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 14, 2017, 02:09:04 AM
Also, when nations go to war, their futures are pretty much up in the air for the duration of the war.  War is inherently risky.  Japan started a war in the Pacific and ended up the two-time victim of the most devastating weapon humans have ever produced.  And US military experiences in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan have proven to be very different from the initial expectation.

It bothers me how blasé (or worse, eager) American officials have often been towards military conflict.  We recently launched a cruise missile strike at Syria and some journalists practically salivated over it.  Insanity.

The point isn't winning, it is war profiteering.  See Zaibatsu in war time Japan.  And please, D people ... stop having pacifist blue balls now that the war you would get with Hillary, you are getting anyway with Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 14, 2017, 02:12:05 AM
Indeed.

Worse, most people who watch/read the news are also salivating over it.

Where is their humanity?

Ape men aren't human.  Go look at the first Planet of the Apes movie again.  Gorillas all the way down ... orangutans and chimps ... not so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 14, 2017, 02:29:46 AM
It is not as though there was any intelligence that ISIS, their excuse, was actually there in that area.

Trump just wanted to blow something up, which is precisely why he should not be president.

Yes, per other news, ISIS is in many countries, including the US.  MOAB will be used to sterilize the US, to restore our vital juices ;-(  And remember, ISIS is created by the US, same as Al Qaida.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 14, 2017, 02:12:05 AM
Indeed.

Worse, most people who watch/read the news are also salivating over it.

Where is their humanity?

Adrenalin junkies ... they probably go to car crashes to look at the broken glass and bodies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

To all who contributed to Trump's occupation of the White House, or who support him now, I offer a big, wet, fart-felt, piss-and-shit-filled FUCK YOU.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU ....
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on April 14, 2017, 12:55:53 AM

I get they have to be trained to want to rush head first into combat because they are the grunts and  you gotta make them believe, but... I mean, if you want to go rush head first into battle, and get some limbs blown off or oorah your way into PTSD and dead friends... just go on your own time and leave the rest of us out of it.
Or maybe they're not that stupid?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 08:08:37 AM
Or maybe they're not that stupid?

No, these guys are.

I don't mean that as the average Enlisted is or isn't, but these are and have been since high school.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on April 14, 2017, 11:08:11 AM
No, these guys are.

I don't mean that as the average Enlisted is or isn't, but these are and have been since high school.
Whenever it was brought up about charging head-long into the enemy I asked the speaker to consider the wonderful results obtained by the Japanese BANZAI! charges in the PTO during WWII.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers