Trump is ready for U.S. first strike against N Korea

Started by fencerider, April 13, 2017, 07:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 14, 2017, 02:15:32 PM
Machiavelli described s similar situation in the The Prince. North Koreams are passive and used to bowing to central authority, The Chinese could step in and install a strongman with no further problems to the US.
Or the Japanese could dash in and renew that wonderful relationship they had with the Koreans before Hiroshima.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

You know things are getting real over there when China starts worrying.

Quote“The United States and South Korea and North Korea are engaging in tit for tat, with swords drawn and bows bent, and there have been storm clouds gathering,” China’s foreign minister, Wang Yi, said in Beijing, according to Xinhua, the state news agency.

“We urge all sides to no longer engage in mutual provocation and threats, whether through words or deeds, and don’t push the situation to the point where it can’t be turned around and gets out of hand,” Mr. Wang said after meeting with his visiting French counterpart, Jean-Marc Ayrault, according to Xinhua.
Well said.  And I've gotta say, it must be nice to have a leader who can speak in whole sentences.

Quote“No matter who it is, if they let war break out on the peninsula, they must shoulder that historical culpability and pay the corresponding price for this,” Mr. Wang said.
That part sounds pretty ominous.

QuoteThe Japanese news media reported that the government’s National Security Council had been discussing the possible evacuation of an estimated 57,000 Japanese citizens in South Korea, should war break out. “We will take all necessary steps to protect our people’s lives and assets,” said Yoshihide Suga, Japan’s chief cabinet secretary.
A prudent move.

QuoteIn South Korea, whose people have lived through saber-rattling involving the North for decades, there were few signs of panic. Nonetheless, the South Korean Foreign Ministry warned on Friday that if the North conducted another nuclear test or launched an intercontinental ballistic missile, it would suffer an “unbearably strong punishment.”
Another ominous statement.

We're in for one pretty intense standoff in the coming days; U.S. Navy Carrier Strike Group 1 is en route to North Korea, North Korea may do another underground nuclear bomb test and VP Mike Pence is coming to South Korea for a 10-day tour.  The center of the chessboard is filling with pieces.

_Xenu_

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 02:35:21 PM
Or the Japanese could dash in and renew that wonderful relationship they had with the Koreans before Hiroshima.
Even if Japan wasn't bound by a pacifist Constitution, that would never be permitted, and I doubt Japan would be inclined to anyway because they don't have enough young people to do something like that. North Korea is so backwards and impoverished that its people have been known to eat grass and tree bark. Even China's authoritarian capitalism would be a huge improvement. And thats not even getting started on the multigenerational death camps...
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2017, 12:40:39 PM
Find a civil defense shelter ... Taiwan might be toast (collateral damage to rise of Mainland China).
All the more reason to say FUCK YOU to Trump supporters.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

The Skeletal Atheist

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 15, 2017, 04:16:52 AM
Even if Japan wasn't bound by a pacifist Constitution, that would never be permitted, and I doubt Japan would be inclined to anyway because they don't have enough young people to do something like that. North Korea is so backwards and impoverished that its people have been known to eat grass and tree bark. Even China's authoritarian capitalism would be a huge improvement. And thats not even getting started on the multigenerational death camps...
Wasn't actually serious about that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

The Skeletal Atheist

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on April 15, 2017, 05:34:38 AM

Assad and Un are Trump supporters?  Who knew!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Meanwhile, I am going to go and have a breakfast burrito and a cup of coffee while I still can.  You can't choose which historical era you are born into, what country you are born into.  But you can choose how you react.  In one POV, in a dream, I was a German soldier in WW II.  If I was, I don't blame myself, even for being on the wrong side of history.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

_Xenu_

Quote from: Atheon on April 15, 2017, 05:34:38 AM
I can tell you love that dumbass about as much as I do.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 15, 2017, 08:17:31 AM
I can tell you love that dumbass about as much as I do.
Try being a liberal in the south. Pretty hard, right? Now try being an anarchocommunist/syndicalist in the south. I keep my views to myself needless to say, otherwise I'd be like an alien down here.

Mike Cl

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 14, 2017, 01:53:19 PM
As much as I hate to say this, I think that Donald has dumbassed onto a bit of truth. We have a moral obligation to remove Kim from from power. Adolf Hitler committed lesser offenses than the Kims, and we need to do something about it. We in the United States have great military power, but with that power comes responsibility.
I mostly agree--but when, in the last 70 yrs has the US shown any kind of responsibility with it's military power???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 15, 2017, 09:16:56 AM
I mostly agree--but when, in the last 70 yrs has the US shown any kind of responsibility with it's military power???
Talk about hyperfocused...
PZ Myers