Trump is ready for U.S. first strike against N Korea

Started by fencerider, April 13, 2017, 07:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Atheon on April 14, 2017, 07:41:35 AM
To all who contributed to Trump's occupation of the White House, or who support him now, I offer a big, wet, fart-felt, piss-and-shit-filled FUCK YOU.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU ....

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 11:14:24 AM
Whenever it was brought up about charging head-long into the enemy I asked the speaker to consider the wonderful results obtained by the Japanese BANZAI! charges in the PTO during WWII.

During a proper war, I agree it has a place. We just haven't fought a proper war against a stable state in ages.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 14, 2017, 01:44:36 AM
Does anyone have a fallout shelter they wanna share? I promise I won't kill you, eat your flesh, and make some sort of weird skin suit to wear while I'm conquering the wastes.

I don't believe you...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on April 14, 2017, 07:41:35 AM
To all who contributed to Trump's occupation of the White House, or who support him now, I offer a big, wet, fart-felt, piss-and-shit-filled FUCK YOU.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU ....

Find a civil defense shelter ... Taiwan might be toast (collateral damage to rise of Mainland China).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 14, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
During a proper war, I agree it has a place. We just haven't fought a proper war against a stable state in ages.

Vietnam ended 42 years ago, this month.  I remember, you probably do not.  Since then our enemies mostly live in caves or among human shields (I don't blame them).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Can we just go ahead and pin a fucking medal on Trump and send him back to NYC..? You're a fucking hero asswipe, now go home and show it to Melanoma  ..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on April 14, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
How likely are we to get into a war with a "stable state"?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Not overly likely anytime soon I hope, thanks to the globalization of economies. A traditional war has become more and more a suicide sentence for both parties.

If a real war breaks out, there will likely be little left afterwards. This is why it is important to get rid of this mindset as soon as we can, because minor skirmishes and campaigns against stateless powers and places like north Korea risk escalation with their global power benefactors.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 12:50:36 PM
It was highly likely in the leadup to WWI and WWII, moderately likely during the Cold War, but now is very unlikely.  Nearly all military conflicts between two countries in living memory have been asymmetric wars - the relative military power of both countries isn't even close.  Often, it's not even countries who are at war, but a country at war with a paramilitary or terrorist organization or a country experiencing civil war.

But to go back to your question, it's very unlikely, as this graph shows.  And that's great because we're at the point that a conflict between two major powers would be a world-destabilizing event.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

_Xenu_

As much as I hate to say this, I think that Donald has dumbassed onto a bit of truth. We have a moral obligation to remove Kim from from power. Adolf Hitler committed lesser offenses than the Kims, and we need to do something about it. We in the United States have great military power, but with that power comes responsibility.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Gawdzilla Sama

Great info!

So, we're left with fighting the lunatic-with-a-cause people. That's never pretty.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 14, 2017, 01:53:19 PM
As much as I hate to say this, I think that Donald has dumbassed onto a bit of truth. We have a moral obligation to remove Kim from from power. Adolf Hitler committed lesser offenses than the Kims, and we need to do something about it.
The power dynamics are unclear, at least to me, with regard to a sudden removal of the Great Leader. The people are programmed? They would/wouldn't go to the barricades if the king got chopped?
PZ Myers

_Xenu_

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 01:55:46 PM
The power dynamics are unclear, at least to me, with regard to a sudden removal of the Great Leader. The people are programmed? They would/wouldn't go to the barricades if the king got chopped?
Machiavelli described s similar situation in the The Prince. North Koreams are passive and used to bowing to central authority, The Chinese could step in and install a strongman with no further problems to the US.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 14, 2017, 01:53:19 PMAs much as I hate to say this, I think that Donald has dumbassed onto a bit of truth. We have a moral obligation to remove Kim from from power. Adolf Hitler committed lesser offenses than the Kims, and we need to do something about it. We in the United States have great military power, but with that power comes responsibility.
And I agree with that for the most part.  I guess my main objection is that it probably wouldn't be carried out with an appropriate level of care and foresight.

But a lot of people would disagree with any sort of intervention at all.  Their main argument is that the US doesn't have the authority to dictate other sovereign nations' affairs.  It's morally wrong for us to impose our will on some other country and to spoil for a fight against a country that has not attacked us.  It's not the US's job to be the world police.  This so-called "responsibility" argument is just self-serving imperialist rhetoric - a rehashed white man's burden.  And where exactly do we draw the line?  Which governments should be overthrown and which shouldn't?  After we depose Kim Un, do depose Assad?  Ayatollah Khamenei?  Erdogan?  The king of Saudi Arabia?  Putin?

I don't agree with these people, but I can sympathize with their sentiment if not their position.  They don't want to be drawn into conflict.  They want an end to puppet governments and proxy wars and the ongoing turmoil of the Middle East.  I feel much the same way.  But on the other hand, there are situations where intervention is the right decision.  The trick is to pull it off with the minimum loss of life and not having boots on the ground for any longer than necessary.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 01:55:46 PMThe power dynamics are unclear, at least to me, with regard to a sudden removal of the Great Leader. The people are programmed? They would/wouldn't go to the barricades if the king got chopped?
It's unclear to me, too.  I'd like to imagine that most North Koreans don't truly believe the propaganda and would be relieved to be free of their tyrant.  On the other hand, there might be a bone-deep hatred towards any perceived invader and they might conduct guerrilla campaigns for years against any occupying force.  I just don't know how they'd react.