Erdogan and Turkey's Executive Presidential Power Referendum

Started by Shiranu, March 19, 2017, 03:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 01:43:33 PM
Excellent idea. The end of Europe.

Germany could also recruit those millions of young Muslim "refugees" for the purpose, although I predict that they will leg it back to the  home countries quite sharpish if that was the case.

Germany WW I ... allied to Ottoman Empire, which is militant and genocidal
Germany WW II ... allied to Republic of Turkey, which is an armed neutral, but acts to block supplies to the Soviet Union thru the Dardanelles.  Same as in WW I.

Does anyone see a pattern here?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2017, 01:43:33 PM
Excellent idea. The end of Europe.

Germany could also recruit those millions of young Muslim "refugees" for the purpose, although I predict that they will leg it back to the  home countries quite sharpish if that was the case.

Don't forget to put a big cork in the Chunnel, to stop all the French and German refugees ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I heard Turkey is involved in some of the human rights violations that NATO was supposed to end...

good question pr126. The first time I heard of NATO in high school I was put under the impression that it was a historical object, part of the ridiculousness of the cold war. It was a big surprise a few years later when I found out it was still around. My guess is these days is that the only reason to keep NATO around is to aggrivate Russia just enough to push through political agendas in the U.S. and Europe

or maybe NATO wants to take over when the EU goes down. A few rumors around that France is thinkin about leavin the EU
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on April 22, 2017, 01:44:10 AM
I heard Turkey is involved in some of the human rights violations that NATO was supposed to end...

good question pr126. The first time I heard of NATO in high school I was put under the impression that it was a historical object, part of the ridiculousness of the cold war. It was a big surprise a few years later when I found out it was still around. My guess is these days is that the only reason to keep NATO around is to aggrivate Russia just enough to push through political agendas in the U.S. and Europe

or maybe NATO wants to take over when the EU goes down. A few rumors around that France is thinkin about leavin the EU

French conservatives (think DeGaulle) never liked the EU.  They may, under LePen, leave the EU later this year.  The first big French election is this weekend.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.