News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The war on Easter

Started by Mr.Obvious, April 04, 2017, 01:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quotethe Archbishop of York said calling the event the Cadbury Egg Hunt was like "spitting on the grave" of the firm's Christian founder, John Cadbury.
Yes, because Jesus hiding the eggs was such a central part of the bible story... sheesh.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on April 07, 2017, 11:10:49 AM
Yes, because Jesus hiding the eggs was such a central part of the bible story... sheesh.
Yeah, Jesus slides down the chimney hiding hardboiled colored eggs all over the place.  His reindeer stay on the roof.  The Easter bunny helps him find good places for the eggs. 

But oddly, when I was a kid, I colored those eggs.  At 10, as the eldest child, I started to help my parents hide those eggs (as a kid, I knew the good places).  Jesus and the Easter Bunny slid off my list of real things around that time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Happy early easter everyone.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Nothing says G-d like ... chocolate ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Ananta Shesha

War on Ishtar? Isn't she a war Goddess? That seems like a bad fight to pick...

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 06:33:39 PM
War on Ishtar? Isn't she a war Goddess? That seems like a bad fight to pick...

Yes, scary.  She was one of the worst movies ever made "Ishtar (film)".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.