I thought Republicans hated Sharia Law

Started by Atheon, April 12, 2017, 11:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

I thought Republicans hated Sharia Law. But they're eager to implement it in America (the Christian equivalent):

Alabama Senate Passes Controversial (and Unconstitutional) Bill Allowing Church to Create Its Own Police Force

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/04/12/alabama-senate-passes-controversial-bill-allowing-church-to-create-its-own-police-force/
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

i suspect it is a megachurch thing, and for the children.  A congregation can be so big, they are their own city ... so then they need their own cops too.  I would never go to such a ... place.  Small and intimate is my only way.  We never have to have stormtroopers to guard our children while we worship.  Of course we are vulnerable to armed nut cases like that young man who shot up that Black church group ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

pr126

QuoteI thought Republicans hated Sharia Law. But they're eager to implement it in America (the Christian equivalent):
There is no Christian equivalent to the Islamic sharia law. Can you show it?

FGM, killing of apostates, eternal jihad, honor killing, stoning, gender apartheid, killing gays, - let me know when the Christians start implement those laws.

Quote• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (compulsion in religion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Errors in Quran).
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• The list goes on. See Sharia law in America, UK, Europe and Saudi Arabia.
source

I think if Muslims demanded their own police force to guard mosques that would  not be a problem.

Wait, they have their sharia police already. Telling the filthy kuffar what they can or cannot do in their own country.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11/22/german-court-says-islamic-sharia-patrol-legal/

https://clarionproject.org/muslim-gangs-enforcing-sharia-london-streets-4/

Baruch

Catholic canon law.  It includes punishments for heresy etc.  My ancestor was the first Christian authority to execute heretics (Emperor Magnus Maximus).  That the Catholic dictatorship isn't as effective now, is due to the Protestant Reformation.  But Protestant Reformers were just bad Catholics who refused to obey the Pope.  They had their own local authoritarians that they preferred.  The Enlightenment and the French Revolution took the sting out of the Inquisition, and the demise of the Papal States in 1870 de-powered it.  The Concordat with Mussolini in the 1920s re-funded it ... with the gold that Germany still wants to get their dirty hands on.

So Pr126 ... have you been to weekly confession in the Catholic Church?  Have you honored the Church of England?  Fail at the first and the Catholics will burn you.  Fail at the second and my other cousin, King Henry VIII ... will cut your head off.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Atheon on April 12, 2017, 11:10:56 PM
I thought Republicans hated Sharia Law. But they're eager to implement it in America (the Christian equivalent):

Alabama Senate Passes Controversial (and Unconstitutional) Bill Allowing Church to Create Its Own Police Force

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/04/12/alabama-senate-passes-controversial-bill-allowing-church-to-create-its-own-police-force/
If this was anything but Christers they'd be screaming "slippery slope!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Shiranu

"Let me know when Christians make laws to kill gays..."

You really are a special type of stupid, ain't you?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on April 13, 2017, 08:30:42 AM
"Let me know when Christians make laws to kill gays..."

You really are a special type of stupid, ain't you?
He's really a poe, mocking the hard right.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

pr126

I am sorry, must have missed the executions of those Christians.
Was there a mention about it on the main stream media?
Mussolini? The pope?

Don't forget the crusades! The Inqusitions.

Seesh.

Sorginak

Bringing in worldly protection means they do not fully trust in their prayers for god to protect them.  God must not be very happy about that. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on April 13, 2017, 10:13:20 AM
I am sorry, must have missed the executions of those Christians.
Was there a mention about it on the main stream media?
Mussolini? The pope?

Don't forget the crusades! The Inqusitions. Oh ab
Nd witch hunts too.

Seesh.
We got PR frothing at the keyboard apparently.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sorginak on April 13, 2017, 10:32:03 AM
Bringing in worldly protection means they do not fully trust in their prayers for god to protect them.  God must not be very happy about that. 
God wants them to have armed people in their churches because it's North Carolina, where infants are armed. And we know more guns always makes things better.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 13, 2017, 10:56:44 AMGod wants them to have armed people in their churches because it's North Carolina, where infants are armed. And we know more guns always makes things better.
Yeah...that dumb law passed in the House.  Believers packing heat at church services held at school buildings.  I'm sure it really pairs with with all the apocalyptic talk.  As if I needed another reason to not attend church services.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 13, 2017, 12:12:13 PM
Yeah...that dumb law passed in the House.  Believers packing heat at church services held at school buildings.  I'm sure it really pairs with with all the apocalyptic talk.  As if I needed another reason to not attend church services.

Generally low information voters think that the zombie TV series are real.  Except all the zombies are colored and/or gay.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.