News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A hole in space

Started by Plu, June 11, 2013, 08:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... cross.html

That's a big hole. And here we have some people saying that the universe is hospitable  :roll:

josephpalazzo

Plu

Ya know, the more of your posts I read, the more you come across as a condescending elitist asshole. Just an observation.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's where Satan plans his diabolical stuff like.. oh gee.. let's see... LUST! :) Yey for holes in space!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Plu"Ya know, the more of your posts I read, the more you come across as a condescending elitist asshole. Just an observation.

I take that as a complement.

But on a more serious note. The internet is awashed with ignoramuses spewing their ignorance. The least I can do is to provide some real learning for those who want it. It's been part of the US myth that learning is for the intellectual elite. And so we have a party dedicated to put creationism in the science class, a Republican sitting on the science committee, who knows sweetfuckall about science, doesn't believe in evolution or global warming, yet has the power to decide which scientist gets a grant. This country is in serious trouble. Pardon me if I want to bring some light in this pathetic world.

Plu

I usually see you degrading people who are trying to share information (which happens to be wrong), which is the opposite of what you claim to be doing.

Your attitude is accomplishing the exact thing you're trying to deal with; it makes people less interested in learning.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Plu"I usually see you degrading people who are trying to share information (which happens to be wrong), which is the opposite of what you claim to be doing.

Your attitude is accomplishing the exact thing you're trying to deal with; it makes people less interested in learning.

And so I'm supposed to lower my standard in order to accomodate the ignoramuses of this world?! The irony is the atheists often found in this forum, ranting about theists, accusing them of being willfully ignorant. Perhaps those atheists should look in the mirror before making that accusation.

Plu

Nah. You're a teacher. Or at least, you claim to be. You should know better than this. Do they not educate their teachers where you come from or something? Fuck, I did teaching school for one year, and it's glaringly obvious to me what you're doing wrong here.

AllPurposeAtheist

How to influence people and make new friends 101: You dumb fuckers don't know shit!

See how easy that is? :)

Plu

I'm wondering if the irony of my response is lost on him. I doubt he likes me very much, nor cares much about my opinion any more.

Which, basically, is the exact problem with his own posts as well. That's something they do (at least here) teach new teachers in their first year. Don't approach people like they're idiots, and don't just shout "you're wrong", because that shit doesn't work to educate anyone.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Plu"Nah. You're a teacher. Or at least, you claim to be. You should know better than this. Do they not educate their teachers where you come from or something? Fuck, I did teaching school for one year, and it's glaringly obvious to me what you're doing wrong here.

I don't teach elementary kids in case you haven't figured that out. If you went to university, you should know by now that the students I would get are for the most part straight A's, or else you don't get into a physics program. That's the real world. Perhaps, I've been spoiled by the quality of students I teach, but give me one reason why I should lower my standards.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Plu"I'm wondering if the irony of my response is lost on him. I doubt he likes me very much, nor cares much about my opinion any more.

Which, basically, is the exact problem with his own posts as well. That's something they do (at least here) teach new teachers in their first year. Don't approach people like they're idiots, and don't just shout "you're wrong", because that shit doesn't work to educate anyone.
I was trying to sum it up with fewer words, but yeah.. :-k

stromboli

JP, just a note here. You may well be the brightest star in the intellectual firmament, but name calling and your continual bashing of other people's viewpoints only serves to label you as an asshole and someone not to bother with. Try attacking their argument with some level of decorum. Patient explanation generates dialogue.  Arrogant name calling and insults do not.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"And so I'm supposed to lower my standard in order to accomodate the ignoramuses of this world?! The irony is the atheists often found in this forum, ranting about theists, accusing them of being willfully ignorant. Perhaps those atheists should look in the mirror before making that accusation.
You do come across as a bit snarky. Just saying.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Plu

It's funny how you keep hammering "lowering your standards", when the only thing you need to lower is your elitist attitude. But even pointing it out doesn't seem to get that point across.