News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Found another illogical argument

Started by fencerider, April 12, 2017, 12:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 06:18:47 PM
Hardly! You have to stop thinking…for a long period of time. The universe does not speak English.

Not thinking is precisely what too many people already do, and that is why we have found ourselves at our current predicament. 

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 05:48:48 PM
Should I use my left hand right hand for that?  ;-)

Choosing thinking or intuition over the other is like trying to hop a mile on one leg.

Rabbi Hillel's Gentile student could do that ;-)  This Gentile, he was a schmuck, was going around annoying the rabbis, by asking to be taught the Law ... but the Gentile was in a hurry ... he said "teach me, but you have to hurry, do it while I am standing on one foot"!  He came to Rabbi Hillel and performed the same schtick ... Rabbi Hillel was wiser than the other rabbis, the head of the Sanhedrin ... he said to the Gentile ... "What is hateful to you, do not to do another, this is the whole Law, the rest is commentary".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 05:51:12 PM
It is easy enough for me to choose thinking.

Thinking without a foundation, is like a house without an axiom.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on April 15, 2017, 06:13:13 PM
rrriiiggghhhhttt. Okay then. Whose up for some power crystals and universal sounding?  All you have to do is imagine you think it and voila! It becomes true.

Only thought.  If you think a thought, a thought is produced.  What comes of that, remains to be seen.  Can you hear your unconscious mind thinking?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Hardly! You have to stop thinking…for a long period of time. The universe does not speak English.

Don't tell ape men, they need to quiet the monkey mind ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 06:22:29 PM
Not thinking is precisely what too many people already do, and that is why we have found ourselves at our current predicament.
The thinking I'm referring to is self talk. The internal verbal reinforcement of preferred assumptions.

It does not matter the content of the self talk. It's a self entraining process. The point of stillness/quiet is to get to direct perception of information without a paradigm filter of any kind.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Baruch on April 15, 2017, 08:50:31 PM
Don't tell ape men, they need to quiet the monkey mind ;-))
But but but....Bananas! *jump*

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 08:57:46 PM
The thinking I'm referring to is self talk. The internal verbal reinforcement of preferred assumptions.

It does not matter the content of the self talk. It's a self entraining process. The point of stillness/quiet is to get to direct perception of information without a paradigm filter of any kind.

Yes, entraining, not entertaining ... and that is why people don't do it, they demand to be amused.  I fulfill that by being self-amused.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Baruch on April 15, 2017, 09:02:20 PM
Yes, entraining, not entertaining ... and that is why people don't do it, they demand to be amused.  I fulfill that by being self-amused.
Funny that Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac…whose name means to laugh. But didnt have to kill him!

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on April 15, 2017, 08:49:50 PM
Only thought.  If you think a thought, a thought is produced.  What comes of that, remains to be seen.  Can you hear your unconscious mind thinking?
Exactly the idea. Imagining you can hear your mind thinking is rather comical. We think, we think we think, but to suggest we can "hear" our mind in the process of thinking may be a tad presumptuous. And then to suggest that we can hear our unconscious mind think? Well that is best left to defense attorneys.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Indeed, the universe does not speak at all. We imagine it does, because some need to make themselves grand enough to be worthy to a universe...rather comical when one considers the magnitude of the universe and ...........us atoms.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 10:27:57 PM
Funny that Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac…whose name means to laugh. But didnt have to kill him!

A key part of the narrative from 500 BCE approximately.  If you meet a god you like ... you haven't met G-d.  Which is why I prefer the Bible to other fairy tales ... it has ars verite.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: aitm on April 15, 2017, 11:48:58 PM
Indeed, the universe does not speak at all. We imagine it does, because some need to make themselves grand enough to be worthy to a universe...rather comical when one considers the magnitude of the universe and ...........us atoms.
What are you kidding me!?! We are awash in a sea of vibrating particles and fields, information is being transmitted in all directions at all times. Nature is a vast book and if you do not pay attention and descern it's laws, your sentence will end abruptly.  The universe is a vast singing choir and orchestra.  Puny human ears are perspective biased.

Atheon

Circular reasoning.

God exists and he says the bible is true. The bible says god exists. Therefore god exists.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca