News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Found another illogical argument

Started by fencerider, April 12, 2017, 12:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

was looking for a list of all the errors in the Bible and found this ridiculous argument that is supposed to be logic

Here are 3 reasons the Bible can not err 1)god the father 2)god the son 3)god the holy spirit
1. god can not err, the Bible is the word of god => therefore the Bible can not err.
2. whatever Jesus affirmed as true is true. Jesus affirmed that the Bible is the word of god => therefore it is true that the Bible is the word of god.
3. the spirit of truth can not utter error. The Bible is the word spoken by the holy spirit. => therefore the Bible cannot err.

conclusion: the Bible can not err because 1) god the father 2) god the son 3)god the holy spirit => therefore an attack on the Bible is an attack on the authenticity of god the father, the authority of god the son, and the ministry of the holy spirit.

Nevermind the lack of logic in the arguments, can any of this argument be shown to be true without referencing the Bible. Somebody needs to remind this guy that the Bible was put together for the benefit of the Roman emperor and not for religous people....
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hydra009

Quote from: fencerider on April 12, 2017, 12:32:37 AMNevermind the lack of logic in the arguments, can any of this argument be shown to be true without referencing the Bible.
That's the beauty of it.  It's a closed loop.  The Bible is the word of God because Jesus is divine; Jesus is divine because the Bible says so.  Nothing can contradict it because it doesn't rely on anything but itself.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on April 12, 2017, 12:32:37 AM
was looking for a list of all the errors in the Bible and found this ridiculous argument that is supposed to be logic

Here are 3 reasons the Bible can not err 1)god the father 2)god the son 3)god the holy spirit
1. god can not err, the Bible is the word of god => therefore the Bible can not err.
2. whatever Jesus affirmed as true is true. Jesus affirmed that the Bible is the word of god => therefore it is true that the Bible is the word of god.
3. the spirit of truth can not utter error. The Bible is the word spoken by the holy spirit. => therefore the Bible cannot err.

conclusion: the Bible can not err because 1) god the father 2) god the son 3)god the holy spirit => therefore an attack on the Bible is an attack on the authenticity of god the father, the authority of god the son, and the ministry of the holy spirit.

Nevermind the lack of logic in the arguments, can any of this argument be shown to be true without referencing the Bible. Somebody needs to remind this guy that the Bible was put together for the benefit of the Roman emperor and not for religous people....

The lack of logic is the whole problem.  Does rational thought mean nothing to you?  I'm genuinely curious about people for whom thought means nothing and faith seems to be everything.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 12, 2017, 03:20:39 AM
The lack of logic is the whole problem.  Does rational thought mean nothing to you?  I'm genuinely curious about people for whom thought means nothing and faith seems to be everything.

Thinking is hard, intuition is easy.  Unfortunately, intuition is often wrong.  So is thinking ... but that is a different post ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Should I use my left hand right hand for that?  ;-)

Choosing thinking or intuition over the other is like trying to hop a mile on one leg.

Sorginak

It is easy enough for me to choose thinking.   

Hydra009

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 05:48:48 PMChoosing thinking or intuition over the other is like trying to hop a mile on one leg.
But both legs consist of thinking.  Intuition's the tail.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 15, 2017, 05:51:30 PM
But both legs consist of thinking.  Intuition's the tail.
Figures it would be right over the butt hole! lol

But seriously the forces of nature don't stop at the surface of our skins nor the surface of our minds, we are composed by them propelled by them and immersed in them.  Only the quiet mind will perceive them.

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 05:54:44 PM
Figures it would be right over the butt hole! lol

But seriously the forces of nature don't stop at the surface of our skins nor the surface of our minds, we are composed by them propelled by them and immersed in them.  Only the quiet mind will perceive them.

How quiet have you been lately in this forum?

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 05:55:40 PM
How quiet have you been lately in this forum?
As quiet as a breath, a movement and a rest.  I make it a point to rest long enough to look from other peoples paradigms.

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 06:01:27 PM
As quiet as a breath, a movement and a rest.  I make it a point to rest long enough to look from other peoples paradigms.

One moment does not count as a rest. 

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 06:03:23 PM
One moment does not count as a rest.
Depends on how much volition you have over the workings of your mind. Time is relative.

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 06:07:29 PM
Depends on how much volition you have over the workings of your mind. Time is relative.

A fact of which I am all too well aware. 

aitm

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 05:54:44 PM

But seriously the forces of nature ......

Only the quiet mind will perceive them.

rrriiiggghhhhttt. Okay then. Whose up for some power crystals and universal sounding?  All you have to do is imagine you think it and voila! It becomes true.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: aitm on April 15, 2017, 06:13:13 PM
rrriiiggghhhhttt. Okay then. Whose up for some power crystals and universal sounding?  All you have to do is imagine you think it and voila! It becomes true.
Hardly! You have to stop thinking…for a long period of time. The universe does not speak English.