News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

American religion ....

Started by Baruch, April 09, 2017, 08:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 15, 2017, 03:07:41 PM
But - but - Pastafarians aren't the same as Rastafarians - are they!?

For example, this is a pastafarian:

I doubt any Rastafarians would wear such, uh, useful headwear!

Rastafarians don't need hats, they have dreadlocks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 15, 2017, 07:26:14 PM
People do self-stereotype ... but that doesn't make them religious.  A human who is "life" non-practicing .. is called a corpse.  A non-practicing American isn't American, they are English or something else.  Yes, and all Irish are Catholic pedophiles and drunks too.  Many people also think they are X, when they aren't that.  Delusion is what that is usually called.  A non-practicing American, who thinks they are American ... I would call delusional.

Sometimes your responses prod me to inquire as to the medications you take. But I get over the urge rather quickly.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 17, 2017, 09:06:39 AM
Sometimes your responses prod me to inquire as to the medications you take. But I get over the urge rather quickly.

Good, but if the urges continue ... I suggest a wee dram o' Scotch ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 14, 2017, 03:52:52 PM
I'm not a Jew, but I'm circumcised, so I could convert with less pain than others...

Not that it matters. I'd sooner become a Pastafarian than pretend belief in an Abrahamic deity. They don't circumcise, do they?

Why would care?  Can it happen twice?  OUCH!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 04:01:42 AM
Why would care?  Can it happen twice?  OUCH!

It did when the Falasha came to Israel.  First the official rabbis circumcised them.  Then the ultra orthodox, who don't recognize the other rabbis, came and offered to do it a second time (this may be anecdotal, but still funny).  Regular Black Africans, circumcise males when they are 12, with a dull knife.  Australian Aborigines are more fun, they put a permanent second hold in the side of your dick.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.