Last question and I will delete my account, I promise! Does this prove souls?

Started by Manga, April 08, 2017, 09:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on April 11, 2017, 10:24:54 PM
I'm sorry, what part of being gay is a bad thing?

Apparently makes you into a college age dork super hero?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Didn't south park establish that just because someone is a faggot, that doesn't mean (s)he is gay?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

The part where they make so many straight men look like absolute slobs?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 12, 2017, 01:43:20 AM
Didn't south park establish that just because someone is a faggot, that doesn't mean (s)he is gay?
I wouldn't know, I don't watch South Park.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on April 12, 2017, 01:10:53 PM
I wouldn't know, I don't watch South Park.
You should. It's social commentary of a high degree. The Cartman burgers were ... delicious.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Meh, I've seen it, the humor is a little too broad for my tastes.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Jason78

The meme didn't mention being gay.   It mentioned being a faggot.  I'm using it in the British sense here.

It's still derogatory and sexist.  But at least it doesn't attack the OP's sexual orientation.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

trdsf

Quote from: Jason78 on April 13, 2017, 01:10:10 PM
The meme didn't mention being gay.   It mentioned being a faggot.  I'm using it in the British sense here.

It's still derogatory and sexist.  But at least it doesn't attack the OP's sexual orientation.
I can't say that was clear, in any case.

British vulgarity is weird; I still don't get how a man is a 'cunt'.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: trdsf on April 13, 2017, 03:56:20 PM

Just know that if he's asking for a fag he can put in his mouth, it's not what you think.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 13, 2017, 04:58:44 PM
Just know that if he's asking for a fag he can put in his mouth, it's not what you think.
I don't really know how the term 'faggot' became equated with homosexuality.  But a fag can be a cigarette.  And they are also a type of construction bolt. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 13, 2017, 06:04:51 PM
I don't really know how the term 'faggot' became equated with homosexuality.  But a fag can be a cigarette.  And they are also a type of construction bolt.

Faggot is also a stick used for building a campfire.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I suspect the term originates from "faggot-carriers" meaning old women carrying fallen branches for fires.  The connection to womanly males would make some sense there. 

But it is a prejorative with no modern meaning and no value in modern society.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Jason78

Quote from: trdsf on April 13, 2017, 03:56:20 PM

It's not weird!  You can craft some of the most beautiful insults in the English language with British vulgarity.

In conclusion, every other culture in the world is wrong except mine.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato