Last question and I will delete my account, I promise! Does this prove souls?

Started by Manga, April 08, 2017, 09:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manga

This is a video about a blind person who was apparently able to see during her OBE and NDE.

It is a short video. Collected by Kenneth Ring, who advocates for souls, and afterlife. What do you think?

Note: people born blind at birth do not see in their dreams, so if this woman actually saw, it could mean something (maybe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiJ_qBnEDo

If this blind person really saw during her NDE, do you think this would prove the existence of souls as she never saw in dreams before? Her brain wouldn't know what vision looks like, so the fact that she could see things may prove something.

Shiranu

It proves that people see into things what they want to see.

The brain is wired for sight, even if it has never experienced it before.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Baruch

Quote from: Manga on April 08, 2017, 09:02:39 PM
This is a video about a blind person who was apparently able to see during her OBE and NDE.

It is a short video. Collected by Kenneth Ring, who advocates for souls, and afterlife. What do you think?

Note: people born blind at birth do not see in their dreams, so if this woman actually saw, it could mean something (maybe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiJ_qBnEDo

If this blind person really saw during her NDE, do you think this would prove the existence of souls as she never saw in dreams before? Her brain wouldn't know what vision looks like, so the fact that she could see things may prove something.

Everything you see, happens inside your head, whether you can see or not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's a nice door. I'd hate it if something were to happen to it.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

You cannot delete your account, at least when I browsed the forum information.  You can join, but you cannot unjoin.  When I browsed the membership list, it showed a membership with 200 times the people that actually participate.  Some are probably dead, but you can't delete your account.  So if you are being chased by hit men from the CIA, or you need to become unreachable for your own safety, you are out of luck.  When the religious majority or the government comes to kill you, they will check the forum membership first and trace it back to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on April 09, 2017, 07:14:38 AM
You cannot delete your account, at least when I browsed the forum information.  You can join, but you cannot unjoin.  When I browsed the membership list, it showed a membership with 200 times the people that actually participate.  Some are probably dead, but you can't delete your account.  So if you are being chased by hit men from the CIA, or you need to become unreachable for your own safety, you are out of luck.  When the religious majority or the government comes to kill you, they will check the forum membership first and trace it back to you.

You weren't supposed to reveal that information. Now you'll feature prominently in "RED 3".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Howard Hughes Mormon Death Squads ... they are the worst ... they evangelize you, then kill you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Let me know when you believe you have had sufficient time to digest the answers and I shall be happy to "delete" you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solomon Zorn

You cannot delete your account...When the religious majority or the government comes to kill you, they will check the forum membership first and trace it back to you.

Is it weird, that this has crossed my mind before?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on April 09, 2017, 11:46:50 AM
Oddly, I didn't write that entirely in jest.  I'm not planning on leaving the forum, but if I did, I'd prefer to it without leaving a footprint.  Although the consequences would unlikely be as dramatic a I put it, there could be other unforeseen and undesirable consequences.

AllPurposeAtheist

The Eagles beat you to it with Hotel California.  You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on April 09, 2017, 11:46:50 AM

The purpose of social media back to AOL .. is to provide a trail to who the traitors are and where they are ;-)  This is like Mao's "Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom" campaign of the 1950s ... to identify who the running dogs of capitalism are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan