Deep State now past 100 years old ...

Started by Baruch, April 08, 2017, 09:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on April 24, 2017, 06:03:31 AM
I looked, but can't find the meaning of "FED" in this context...
Look under "banking".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on April 12, 2017, 03:41:57 AM
Most people weren't slave-owners.  The majority worked for themselves.  It is typical that people follow the politics of the wealthiest.  And that is not a good way of thinking.
Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 12, 2017, 07:47:39 AM
Slave-owning is  bad now. For most of history it just was. Retrofitting today's morality on the 1700s is rather bizarre.
I agree, but my point was that the country was set up by the self interests of those who stood to make a lot more money, not the country as a whole, and much of the country was even opposed to setting up a new type of government.  Slavery as you say, "just was",  and remained so, because blacks had no say in the structure of the new government, not because of any moral questions then or now. 

In retrospect, I should not have included the part about slavery, because it implies moral issues were heavily involved in the thought process.  They were to some extent, but it was mostly about the financial gain of the wealthy, which remains at the forefront of our political structure today.

Gawdzilla Sama

Most of the people back then didn't expect to have a say in the government or any changes to the governance.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 24, 2017, 10:47:02 AM
Most of the people back then didn't expect to have a say in the government or any changes to the governance.
Judging by today's interest in voting it might be pretty much the same today, I never voted until late in my 20s, mostly because I didn't think I could make any difference.  I still feel that.  Voting for me is mostly out of sense of obligation, but still feels much like a exercise in futility.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on April 24, 2017, 11:13:58 AM
Judging by today's interest in voting it might be pretty much the same today, I never voted until late in my 20s, mostly because I didn't think I could make any difference.  I still feel that.  Voting for me is mostly out of sense of obligation, but still feels much like a exercise in futility.
The Grim Old Party approves of your attitude.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 24, 2017, 10:47:02 AM

They were realists, and idealists got the rack ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 24, 2017, 11:13:58 AM

Slavery didn't end.  Lincoln failed on a number of points.  Wage slavery has grown, as had debt slavery.  Chattel slavery continues mostly for prostitutes.  Rich people are slaves to their greed.  Everyone in America was a slave, and still is.  There are no free people here, just idealists with their heads up their asses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

SoldierofFortune

Slavery did not end, i was modernized,

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 24, 2017, 03:44:23 PM
Was you computerized too?

ahahaha

I made a spelling mistake...

Slavery did not end, it was just modernized.
The money the major propotion the people of the world\ or specifically of American people earn is enough only to live from hand to mouth...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on April 24, 2017, 03:57:18 PM
ahahaha

I made a spelling mistake...

Slavery did not end, it was just modernized.
The money the major propotion the people of the world\ or specifically of American people earn is enough only to live from hand to mouth...
Money's our way of keeping score. And most humans are just a burden on the system anyway.
PZ Myers

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 24, 2017, 04:04:08 PM
Money's our way of keeping score. And most humans are just a burden on the system anyway.

i expected you have approach the problem from the humanist point of view.

do you also believe that depopulation is necessary?

When looking at the rise in the popolation of humans, world will not be supply the water and food required.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on April 24, 2017, 04:09:08 PM
i expected you have approach the problem from the humanist point of view.

do you also believe that depopulation is necessary?

When looking at the rise in the popolation of humans, world will not be [ABLE TO] supply the water and food required.
I think depopulation is inevitable, we're working hard to kill ourselves off.

And, please, proofread your posts, they don't parse easily. See the brackets above and tell me if that's what you meant.
PZ Myers

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 24, 2017, 04:13:55 PM
I think depopulation is inevitable, we're working hard to kill ourselves off.

And, please, proofread your posts, they don't parse easily. See the brackets above and tell me if that's what you meant.

Thanks for the correction. What i meant was that.

The natural supply of the world will not be able to meet the population need.