So we just launched 50 tomahawks at the Syrian Government

Started by GrinningYMIR, April 06, 2017, 11:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 07, 2017, 09:43:18 AM
God dammit. I'll see you guys when the draft starts...

Hah. Too fat and unhealty to join. I WIN!

PopeyesPappy

Draconic Aiur's post apocalypse job title...

Rations
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Atheon on April 07, 2017, 12:21:03 PM
But Hellary is a WARMONGAR! And OBOMBER is a BOMBER!! Voet for TMURP! He'll nevar bom enywun!!!!!!!!! He's a piecefull Repubiclan!!
I can't believe people bought into that either. I predicted that Pence would be the real President for the most part and that the US would still be tough with Russia. Either Pence is the real President, or Trump decided to do this because 80 % of what the media and Democrats talk about is Trump being Russia's puppet (which again has always been dumb as shit, and Democrats and the media now look like absolute fools). I knew Trump would be a very good friend to Al Qaeda, just like Barack Obama was and Hillary would have been.

At least Trump waited for a second (likely) false flag gas attack before he did this. Hillary said she would have went in based on a previous false flag, and would have taken out not only one of the airfields, but all of them.

Sorginak

QuoteDonald Trump’s decision to attack a Syrian regime airbase in Homs (without Congressional approval) last night is turning out to be a big mistake.

According to the Independent, Russia â€" a country that aggressively disagreed with Trump’s move â€" has just made a chilling announcement in retaliation. Thanks to Trump’s carelessness, U.S.-Russia relations will now become more tense than ever, as the Russian Foreign Ministry has decided to suspend a memorandum with America that coordinated peaceful military relations between the two countries.

http://newcenturytimes.com/2017/04/07/russia-just-responded-to-trumps-attack-on-syria-retaliates-in-the-most-chilling-way-details/

AllPurposeAtheist

Don't you guys know how these conversations go?
Trump: Vlad! Vladimir old bestest buddy of mine..I'm looking like dog shit over here and people are dropping like flies from positions. I need to look like the biggest prick on the planet somehow!
Putin: Fuck you Donna..That's MY FUCKING job..but I'll tell you what i do..I sneak in some attackish thing, you know, kill a few babies, a few women and shit.. You bomb some base, but don't do too much because we're going to redecorate it anyway. Just knock down some old buildings and shit. I pretend to be mad at you and you look like tough guy for a few days.
Trump: Aww gee Vladdy.. You're a real chum!
Putin: No problem, but I want Urkranian whores back..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

The right wing conspiracy nuts are going bat shit crazy over this..with hashtag #SyrianHoax..  I think they're on to something. Trump IS batshit crazy with them..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sylar

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Sylar

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 07, 2017, 06:04:14 PM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/apr/07/unproven-online-theories-doubting-syrian-gas-attac/

There's only one fact that gives merit to questioning whether Assad attacked his people with chemical weapons:

- Assad -- backed by Russia, Iran, and Shia militias -- has been recording victory after victory in Syria, and is in control of vast majority of Syria's most important urban centers, so why would he risk US military intervention?

Not conclusive. Assad could've used weapons in spite of that.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 07, 2017, 06:04:14 PM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/apr/07/unproven-online-theories-doubting-syrian-gas-attac/
I read it and didn't see anything proving that Assad did it. I never claimed that it was a hoax. You can't give me any logical reason Assad would choose to do something so suicidal when he was winning, and you can't prove that he did it, so I'm going to remain very skeptical of the official story until I'm given a good enough reason to accept that Assad really did it.

Sorginak

Even I think this entire Assad incident is more about taking pressure off other areas regarding Trump in order for people be be gullible enough to like him for taking action against an atrocity. 

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on April 07, 2017, 06:59:22 PMyou can't prove that he did it, so I'm going to remain very skeptical of the official story until I'm given a good enough reason to accept that Assad really did it.
False flag as the default conclusion, which apparently first must disproved before other explanations are viable.  Nice logic there.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 07, 2017, 07:16:45 PM
False flag as the default conclusion, which apparently first must disproved before other explanations are viable.  Nice logic there.

Apparently the fact that al-Assad is a despotic dictator responsible for deaths of tens if not hundreds of thousands of his own people doesn't even factor into the equation.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on April 07, 2017, 01:43:39 PM
RE: Syria

I believe we must always support losing side, until:

1) an equilibrium is achieved
2) all sides are drained

No capable side with the upper hand is going to voluntarily sit at negotiation table.

Whether Trump's action will do that, that remains to be seen. My personal assessment is that it's just for show.

That is the old British foreign policy.  Exhaustive conflict between potential opponents ... particular Germany vs France.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.