So we just launched 50 tomahawks at the Syrian Government

Started by GrinningYMIR, April 06, 2017, 11:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 07, 2017, 10:31:28 AM
Anyone got any recommendations as to where I can watch the first barrage of nuclear explosions? I need to at least be able to finish a bottle of whiskey before I get consumed.

Come over to my place, I live in Dallas, Nuke central.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on April 07, 2017, 10:57:26 AM
Come over to my place, I live in Dallas, Nuke central.
Ok but I get the bed, you can sleep on the couch.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

trdsf

HEY LOOK AT THIS BIG DISTRACTING EXPLOSION OVER HERE!!!1!

Yes, I really do think Asshole would risk World War III if he thought it would take some of the negative coverage off him.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Anyone got any recommendations as to where I can watch the first barrage of nuclear explosions? I need to at least be able to finish a bottle of whiskey before I get consumed.
Ground zero would be my first choice, but I don't know how good Russia is at hitting ground zero right on the nose.  If they don't get it right on, you might just get thrown off your chair, end up with a broken arm, and some severe burns, while wandering around in the wreckage looking for your whiskey bottle.

Gawdzilla Sama

My dream is to watch ISIS from ISS.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Atheon

But Hellary is a WARMONGAR! And OBOMBER is a BOMBER!! Voet for TMURP! He'll nevar bom enywun!!!!!!!!! He's a piecefull Repubiclan!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on April 07, 2017, 08:39:59 AM
Time line begins:

Trump elected..... Trump attacks Assad military.... Putin calls off non-interference agreement with US..............

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russia-condemns-us-missile-strike-on-syria/2017/04/07/c81ea12a-1b4e-11e7-8003-f55b4c1cfae2_story.html?utm_term=.f92b6b6d50f5
Well, that's just great.  What happens when there's an incident between one of our planes and one of their planes? (both ostensibly fighting ISIS in Syria)

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on April 07, 2017, 12:21:03 PM
But Hellary is a WARMONGAR! And OBOMBER is a BOMBER!! Voet for TMURP! He'll nevar bom enywun!!!!!!!!! He's a piecefull Repubiclan!!

Murderers ... from George Washington on down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 07, 2017, 12:50:23 PM
Well, that's just great.  What happens when there's an incident between one of our planes and one of their planes? (both ostensibly fighting ISIS in Syria)

Syria smartly pulled our authorization to fly there.  Next Israeli or American plane over Syria, will get lit up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 07, 2017, 09:43:18 AM
God dammit. I'll see you guys when the draft starts...

They don't draft crispy critters ... not even the Marines will take them ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 07, 2017, 07:31:00 AM
well when people thought Trump and Putinpie were best of friends, this might sink that battleship.

Though TJ Kirk raised a point in his video on it, Assads bene doing this shit to his people for years now, trump even knew about the gas attack and didn't respond, not until pictures of the gas attack came to him, and he commissioned swift action after seeing the pictures.

Think that fear of having a crazy guy with his finger on the launch codes have just been proven more valid then people thought.

Don't worry.  TV is real, and we already know how to handle this ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobayashi_Maru
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

You won't have much time to watch once it starts ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX9hL93HPMI
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sylar

RE: Syria

I believe we must always support losing side, until:

1) an equilibrium is achieved
2) all sides are drained

No capable side with the upper hand is going to voluntarily sit at negotiation table.

Whether Trump's action will do that, that remains to be seen. My personal assessment is that it's just for show.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Sylar

Quote from: fencerider on April 07, 2017, 02:55:07 AM
Here's the pickle in the pudding.... Assad didn't start out completely messed up. Russia has a big interest in helping Syria as much as possible.

The biggest reserve of natural gas is under the Black Sea. Iran has been extracting it on the north side and running it through a pipe to Russia. Russia uses some of the natural gas and sells the rest to Europe. It is a critical part of financing the Russian economy; and a big piece of Iran's economy. The gulf states made a plan to extract gas on the south side and run a pipe to Europe through the gulf states and Syria to Europe. All of the states on the route agreed to the plan except Syria because Assad was on friendly terms with Russia. The gulf states offered to pay the U.S. the total cost of the war if Obama invaded Syria (must be a lot of money in that gas). If the gas pipe through Syria is finished Russia will suffer. On the other side, if the pipe goes through American oil men will be making a bigger profit.

I wonder why the gulf states didnt make a route for the pipe that doesnt go through Syria when they found out Syria didnt want to play.

Did Iraq agree? I somehow doubt that.

Also, Kurdistan is a mountainous region, so it probably had to do with some practical considerations.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

AllPurposeAtheist

What's important, and never forget is the popularity of the president at home. He could get caught on live TV fucking a 4 year old, but start a war and it's a wash.
I'm finding myself in agreement almost with some of the alt-right conspiracy nuts about the nerve gas thing just being ginned up as an excuse to prop up his approval rating and distract from all the other bullshit being piled up.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.