So we just launched 50 tomahawks at the Syrian Government

Started by GrinningYMIR, April 06, 2017, 11:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 07, 2017, 07:16:45 PM
False flag as the default conclusion, which apparently first must disproved before other explanations are viable.  Nice logic there.
In the absence of sufficient evidence, I lean toward what I think is more logical. Do you not do the same thing? You think it's far more likely that Assad did it, right? Or are you neutral about it and waiting for the evidence to come in? If not, you are doing the same thing I am. Speculating based on the little that we know at the moment.

_Xenu_

With the "special" one in charge I can see why everything else is being cut for military spending. We're gonna need it.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on April 07, 2017, 07:55:56 PM
In the absence of sufficient evidence, I lean toward what I think is more logical.
Logical?  Haha, no.  You go with whatever conspiratard theory is floating around in the alt-news toilet that day.  And whenever something major happens, the go-to explanation is that it's a false flag ploy by [insert anyone related to the event] in order to [insert literally anything here].

QuoteYou think it's far more likely that Assad did it, right? Or are you neutral about it and waiting for the evidence to come in? If not, you are doing the same thing I am. Speculating based on the little that we know at the moment.
I take current events at face value unless there's compelling evidence to the contrary, as any sane person does.  The burden of proof is on you, bud.  And speculation =/= evidence.

Shiranu

False flags would require an insane amount of secrecy; something that no longer exists. This idea that everything is a false flag operation is the same branch of looney as the Illuminati running the world or that the moon landing was fake. It, at a very basic level, makes some sense... until you actually spend more than 2 minutes thinking about the logistics of it and it all falls apart.

And there is nothing speculative about a man that is butchering his people using chemical weapons against them, or at least someone under his command authorizing the use of them. War criminals sometimes commit war crimes.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 07, 2017, 09:45:17 PMAnd there is nothing speculative about a man that is butchering his people using chemical weapons against them, or at least someone under his command authorizing the use of them. War criminals sometimes commit war crimes.
Yeah, not terribly abnormal considering that chemical weapons have been used repeatedly in this conflict.

fencerider

naaa no false flag. Trump doesn't have the brains for it, and the rest of the administration is completely disorganized.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Well apparently, the attack was more symbolic than real.  The airport is working just fine.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2017, 11:19:50 PM
Well apparently, the attack was more symbolic than real.  The airport is working just fine.
According to reports, the strike hit various aircraft, aircraft shelters, fuel tankers, ammo storage, defense systems, and radar equipment - but the runway is still operational.  Allegedly, the strike is meant to deter any future use of chemical weapons, but it's not like that's the only airbase and of course, chemical weapons can be deployed through other means.  For example, the 2013 Ghouta chemical weapon attacks were reportedly accomplished with unguided surface-to-surface rockets.

I very much doubt the Syrian military's ability to wage chemical attacks has been seriously hampered, especially given the influx of Russian hardware.  Like you said, more symbolic than real.

Munch

Well apparently that airbase was protecting people in the region from jihadist rebels invading them, so their fucked now. And given the number of deaths a jihadist takeover will cause, trumps speech about little babies is just all the more entertaining given more will die now just from his display of "look how big our military cock size is"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 08, 2017, 04:47:18 AM
Well apparently that airbase was protecting people in the region from jihadist rebels invading them, so their fucked now. And given the number of deaths a jihadist takeover will cause, trumps speech about little babies is just all the more entertaining given more will die now just from his display of "look how big our military cock size is"

Protecting a Christian area ... yes, US policy since 2001 is to radicalize the region, empower Muslim fundies, support SA foreign policy (they are crypto-Israel supporters).  This is why so many ancient villages of minority people have been displaced or massacred over the past few years, and secular regimes replaced with theocratic ones.  The US has done more damage to ME Christians, than anyone, since the Mongol invasion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on April 08, 2017, 04:47:18 AM
His concern about little babies' suffering rings pretty hollow considering his stance towards Syrian war refugees.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 08, 2017, 10:38:54 AM
His concern about little babies' suffering rings pretty hollow considering his stance towards Syrian war refugees.

Philanthropic plutocrats could always demonstrate sincerity, by giving all their money away (and not into a charitable trust like the Gates family, Clinton family, Obama family).  A tax dodge isn't charity.  A charity used to mask massive political corruption isn't charity.  A charity used to raise funds to mess with the President who came after you isn't charity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on April 07, 2017, 09:45:17 PM
False flags would require an insane amount of secrecy; something that no longer exists. This idea that everything is a false flag operation is the same branch of looney as the Illuminati running the world or that the moon landing was fake. It, at a very basic level, makes some sense... until you actually spend more than 2 minutes thinking about the logistics of it and it all falls apart.

And there is nothing speculative about a man that is butchering his people using chemical weapons against them, or at least someone under his command authorizing the use of them. War criminals sometimes commit war crimes.
It's impossible to keep a secret for a whole week? You have to give the truth time to come out. I'm not sure you understand what I mean by false flag either. That doesn't have to mean that it was all staged or fake or set up by the CIA. It can simply mean that maybe the Syrian army struck a building not knowing that the rebels were storing chemical weapons there or something like that, and then Assad is blamed for purposely gassing people before any real investigation takes place. You don't have evidence showing that Assad did it, so that is the definition of speculation.

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 07, 2017, 09:41:38 PM
Logical?  Haha, no.  You go with whatever conspiratard theory is floating around in the alt-news toilet that day.  And whenever something major happens, the go-to explanation is that it's a false flag ploy by [insert anyone related to the event] in order to [insert literally anything here].
I take current events at face value unless there's compelling evidence to the contrary, as any sane person does.  The burden of proof is on you, bud.  And speculation =/= evidence.
Nope. I don't go with whatever conspiracy is out there. I don't highly doubt every terrorist attack, because there are two things with those that are missing here. Evidence that the alleged person did the attack, and motive. You have absolutely nothing to show that Assad did it. He's not some suicidal religious fanatic. He's a brilliant man who was getting close to victory. The "official story" peddled by the MSM makes less than zero sense, but I'll be glad to accept that Assad did it if that is eventually shown to be the case.

Baruch

The Russians are evil.  The Syrians are evil.  Kill them all ... USA manifest destiny (per PNAC of 1990s).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

And by the way, we've also got the U.S. Navy strike group led by the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier making its way towards the Korean peninsula Sunday “to maintain readiness”..
Imagine that. Trump, who said we need to focus on America first instead of starting wars around the world getting ready to start wars around the world. Whodda thunk it?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us-navy-sends-strike-group-toward-korean-peninsula/2017/04/09/0c00909c-1cfd-11e7-8003-f55b4c1cfae2_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_nkorea-515am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.e93343ede604
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.