News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The reality that we'll die some day

Started by SoldierofFortune, April 06, 2017, 10:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

For those among us who tell us they're not getting older, just better..BULLSHIT..You have two options.  Get old or die...period. Optimally you'll get old and then die, but you can skip the getting old part by immediately killing yourself unless you're already old in which case you're fucked. You're just going to get older and die.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 17, 2017, 08:37:01 AM
For those among us who tell us they're not getting older, just better..BULLSHIT..You have two options.  Get old or die...period. Optimally you'll get old and then die, but you can skip the getting old part by immediately killing yourself unless you're already old in which case you're fucked. You're just going to get older and die.
Well, I'll be 66.6 years old in a few months, and I'm definitely not better than I was at 19. But I was far better at 30 than I was at 20. And by 40 I was perfectly evil. According to some people, that is. Today I'm a much better historian than I was at 50.

So, better at what, and better than when?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 17, 2017, 08:58:34 AM
Well, I'll be 66.6 years old in a few months, and I'm definitely not better than I was at 19. But I was far better at 30 than I was at 20. And by 40 I was perfectly evil. According to some people, that is. Today I'm a much better historian than I was at 50.

So, better at what, and better than when?
I'm definitely better at not getting a hardon at very inappropriate times. Unfortunately that's also true about appropriate times as well.  I guess I am getting better.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 17, 2017, 09:11:00 AM
I'm definitely better at not getting a hardon at very inappropriate times. Unfortunately that's also true about appropriate times as well.  I guess I am getting better.
When I was a young man I honed my ... linguistic ... skills for just such an event.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SoldierofFortune

God will definetely ask you what you have discussed here so be careful about what you say. ehehehe

Hydra009

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on April 17, 2017, 10:42:38 AM
God will definetely ask you what you have discussed here so be careful about what you say. ehehehe
A lot of people say stuff like that seriously, yet I've never seen why they're so sure about it.  Just seems like idle speculation and opinion presented as a matter of fact.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 17, 2017, 11:00:01 AM
A lot of people say stuff like that seriously, yet I've never seen why they're so sure about it.  Just seems like idle speculation and opinion presented as a matter of fact.

Maybe they were taught and caught to think in that way and cant save themselves from the cage

FaithIsFilth

For those among us who tell us they're not getting older, just better..BULLSHIT..You have two options.  Get old or die...period.
For now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7aib21s2N8

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on April 17, 2017, 11:53:03 AM
For now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7aib21s2N8

This is so very big breakthrough but they havent found the immortality, it's just about making longer the lifetime/ of course this is still a big improvement in science/

but it will take long time for this medicine for the use of people...

Gawdzilla Sama

Ha! North Korea has had this medicine for years! If the decadent nations of the world want to deny long life to their citizens that's not surprising. The people of North Korea have determined that President Kim is the only human being wise enough to live that long.
PZ Myers

trdsf

For those among us who tell us they're not getting older, just better..BULLSHIT..You have two options.
I prefer to say that I may be getting older, but I'm not getting old.  I want to be the youngest-thinking centenarian this planet has ever seen, and my body is going to coöperate whether it wants to or not.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on April 17, 2017, 01:27:06 PM
I prefer to say that I may be getting older, but I'm not getting old.  I want to be the youngest-thinking centenarian this planet has ever seen, and my body is going to coöperate whether it wants to or not.
"You don't start growing old until you stop growing up."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 17, 2017, 02:42:57 PM
"You don't start growing old until you stop growing up."
Pretty much.  I am willing to adult enough to keep myself housed and fed and entertained, and beyond that I am a free agent.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on April 17, 2017, 03:33:33 PM
Pretty much.  I am willing to adult enough to keep myself housed and fed and entertained, and beyond that I am a free agent.
I retired from the Navy in 1989 specifically so I wouldn't have to adult. It works.
PZ Myers

aitm

I have had multiple injections into my ankles and feet. I might consider telling you that painful feet are really the worst ailment. So to that, as I am a mere 60, I do not look forward to 20 or 30 more years of this crap. I wonder how long before they make excellent prothesis for feetsies?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust