News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The reality that we'll die some day

Started by SoldierofFortune, April 06, 2017, 10:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 05:58:02 PM
Tricky part I was referring to is creating a "they" category in your mind and throwing people into it. Some might go along with your assumptions just to push your buttons.

Come let us reason together...

You're in the "they" category, at least halfway in.  You're welcome.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 05:59:31 PM
You're in the "they" category, at least halfway in.  You're welcome.
C'est la vie

Sorginak

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 06:07:51 PM
Indeed, that is life.
Which is why I also look on the bright side of death. Life is noisy.

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 06:09:11 PM
Which is why I also look on the bright side of death. Life is noisy.

Too noisy. 

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 06:12:06 PM
Too noisy.
Which is why I live down a dirt road, across a river, in the woods. Current civilization is noisy and abrasive. Nature soothes my soul.

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 06:16:07 PM
Which is why I live down a dirt road, across a river, in the woods. Current civilization is noisy and abrasive. Nature soothes my soul.

Interesting how human nature keeps destroying earthly nature. 

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 06:18:28 PM
Interesting how human nature keeps destroying earthly nature.
Many empires have risen and fallen based on their harmony with or abuse of nature. The rules have not changed.

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 06:21:29 PM
Many empires have risen and fallen based on their harmony with or abuse of nature. The rules have not changed.

The rules are the problem. 

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 06:23:10 PM
I was referring to natural laws of action and consequence. Consumer culture is a delusion of infinite resources and zero consequences.  Capitalism is shitting the bed.  Collapse is inevitable. Which will be on going during increasing resource wars.

Sorginak

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 06:28:57 PM
I was referring to natural laws of action and consequence. Consumer culture is a delusion of infinite resources and zero consequences.  Capitalism is shitting the bed.  Collapse is inevitable. Which will be on going during increasing resource wars.

Corporations are scared because this is precisely the direction most thinking people are headed now that the older generations are dying out and younger generations are making their mark. 

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 06:33:52 PM
Corporations are scared because this is precisely the direction most thinking people are headed now that the older generations are dying out and younger generations are making their mark.
We need a new collective paradigm. And there's nothing so powerful is an idea whose time has come.
We almost need an exodus.

Gawdzilla Sama

If you're afraid of death, just decide that you're not going to die when your body dies.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 15, 2017, 08:26:14 PM
If you're afraid of death, just decide that you're not going to die when your body dies.
Can you imagine the shock of finding out your consciousness can't die?

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 15, 2017, 06:23:10 PM

A hippie once wrote on a window in a cabin in Nederland CO ... so my chemistry professor told me ... "Entropy Sucks".  Well hippies suck too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.