Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The reality that we'll die some day

Started by SoldierofFortune, April 06, 2017, 10:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 13, 2017, 02:18:02 AM
Death itself does not worry me.
It's the possibly long proces of dying, bit by bit, that bothers me a greater deal.

That is real, for some people.  Others die all at once.  Either way, try not to think about it ... it doesn't help.  Just be prudent and not step in front of a moving bus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

I hope to earn a good one a take a much needed break from all this crazy human stuff. :bigyawn:

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 03:22:39 AM
I hope to earn a good one a take a much needed break from all this crazy human stuff. :bigyawn:

But but ... then you have to do crazy angel stuff.  Or maybe you will just reincarnate as a marshmallow Peep for Easter ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 03:22:39 AM
Next turn of the wheel I'll be a kaiju.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 09:55:49 AM
Next turn of the wheel I'll be a kaiju.
Next turn of the wheel, you will be a skeleton--Skyrim may animate you--or not.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 14, 2017, 10:30:55 AM
Next turn of the wheel, you will be a skeleton--Skyrim may animate you--or not.
I get to respawn, it's in my contract. TOHO Studios gave me a multi-life contract deal.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 10:55:32 AM
I get to respawn, it's in my contract. TOHO Studios gave me a multi-life contract deal.
As what tho???  Skyrim could use some different creatures.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2017, 10:56:47 AM
Wouldn't be anything else!

Yeah, but which version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU5Er5ON9BA

...hey, wait.  Maybe they're all the same Godzilla, but he regenerates!  So Godzilla is a Time Lord!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2017, 07:21:05 AM
But but ... then you have to do crazy angel stuff.  Or maybe you will just reincarnate as a marshmallow Peep for Easter ;-))
God's messenger service? Have you seen the stack of request letters? No wonder some of them went postal.....

I'm aiming for a swing through Gehenna, got trash to burn.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 14, 2017, 11:31:49 AM
As what tho???  Skyrim could use some different creatures.
It's simple. Every time I go into the Well of Souls I have a panel of switches. If I press them correctly I will become the creature I'm thinking of.

Most times I just slap the shit out of the panel and see what happens.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on April 14, 2017, 12:29:00 PM
Yeah, but which version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU5Er5ON9BA

...hey, wait.  Maybe they're all the same Godzilla, but he regenerates!  So Godzilla is a Time Lord!
And now I get to hang out with Elizabeth Olsen.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 15, 2017, 08:59:58 AM
It's simple. Every time I go into the Well of Souls I have a panel of switches. If I press them correctly I will become the creature I'm thinking of.

Most times I just slap the shit out of the panel and see what happens.
Well of Souls--I haven't run across that yet in Skyrim.  I'll be looking for it.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 15, 2017, 09:03:32 AM
Well of Souls--I haven't run across that yet in Skyrim.  I'll be looking for it.

How would an atheist use that?  So are you a theist in comic-con?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.