News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Are you ready for the SHTF?

Started by fencerider, April 06, 2017, 01:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

North Korea is only a few months away from having a nuclear missile capable of hitting the western half of the U.S. with a crazy person holding the button. Yesterday Assad made another poison gas attack in Syria.... and D.Trump is in the White house.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on April 06, 2017, 01:16:59 AM
North Korea is only a few months away from having a nuclear missile capable of hitting the western half of the U.S. with a crazy person holding the button. Yesterday Assad made another poison gas attack in Syria.... and D.Trump is in the White house.

Too bad Dr Bloefeld Hillary isn't in her underground complex.  Damn that 007!

What you said ... may be true.  It isn't clear who or why the gas tragedy happened in Syria ... just as it was several years ago, when Obama nearly got us in nuclear war with Russia (go Peace Prize).  NorK missiles can reach Japan now, isn't that serious enough?  Given Fukushima, maybe the Japanese aren't worth nuking again.  More seriously, if the Chinese fail to prevent the NorK insanity (if they are really insane, and not just playing at one) ... then there are going to be one billion less Chinese ... and a lot of other folks.  Also directly attacking Russia in Syria ... is the same deal.  We are already 1000% too aggressive in E Europe.  Where I live and work in the US, given what I do, will be one of 1000 places in the US that can cease to exist ... any day now.  I have lived with this for over 6 decades.  Did you really think peace had broken out?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

We're probably more prepared for your general SHTF scenario than most. We've got plans, bug out bags with enough stuff to last for a week or so if we have to get out in a hurry. 3 months worth of food. Enough guns and ammo to arm the neighbors against anything short of a large scale organized assault. Karen is a little paranoid of storms so we'll probably be putting a 4x8 above ground steel storm shelter in the garage latter this year.

Nukes pose a problem though as we're just a couple of miles from what's probably a primary target for the Russians.

I've read that the Russian's like 400 kt yield weapons. If we were home, and they dropped one on the MDA HQ we'd be out of the 5 psi over pressure zone but well withing the 10 k/cal thermal zone.

That's 3rd degree burns from the thermal. I don't know if it would set the building on fire though. Plus just because we're out of the 5 psi over pressure zone doesn't mean there still would be enough pressure to collapse the building. So even if we were in the storm shelter and it saved us from the blast, chances are the building could collapse around us and burn while we sat in a big fucking oven.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

Sthf? Can't find that acronym. :(
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sorginak

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 06, 2017, 10:36:13 AM
Sthf? Can't find that acronym. :(

I wonder the same thing, because this is all I found:

STHF   Star Trek: Hidden Frontier
STHF   Single-Term Hartree-Fock
STHF   Sonic the Hedgehog Freak
STHF   Space Technology Hall of Fame
STHF   Soluble Tumour Haemolytic Factor (cancer)

Hydra009

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 06, 2017, 09:53:11 AMWe're probably more prepared for your general SHTF scenario than most. We've got plans, bug out bags with enough stuff to last for a week or so if we have to get out in a hurry. 3 months worth of food. Enough guns and ammo to arm the neighbors against anything short of a large scale organized assault. Karen is a little paranoid of storms so we'll probably be putting a 4x8 above ground steel storm shelter in the garage latter this year.
I have two days worth of food, a really sharp chopping knife, and a psychological addiction to the internet.  Avenge me.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Sorginak on April 06, 2017, 10:39:12 AM
I wonder the same thing, because this is all I found:

STHF   Star Trek: Hidden Frontier
STHF   Single-Term Hartree-Fock
STHF   Sonic the Hedgehog Freak
STHF   Space Technology Hall of Fame
STHF   Soluble Tumour Haemolytic Factor (cancer)

Op meant shtf
Shit hit the fan
I am guessing

Gawdzilla Sama

And that's why they call you Mr. Obvious?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

The Skeletal Atheist

I have a gun and there's a lot of fat people where I live, I think I'll have plenty to eat.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 06, 2017, 06:36:14 PM
I have a gun and there's a lot of fat people where I live, I think I'll have plenty to eat.
Yeah, I was just thinking "Eat me!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 06, 2017, 04:20:01 PM
And that's why they call you Mr. Obvious?

It's what I do.

To be fair though. I'd never heard of the acronym 'shtf' before. I had no idea it was something frequently used and well known neither. And to see 'sthf' instead, with no context to understand, was genuinely confusing.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 06, 2017, 07:12:02 PM
It's what I do.

To be fair though. I'd never heard of the acronym 'shtf' before. I had no idea it was something frequently used and well known neither. And to see 'sthf' instead, with no context to understand, was genuinely confusing.
I was just teasing, of course. "When TSHTF..." is one of my tediously repetitive cousins' favorite ways of trying to scare me into admitting that the Illuminati are about to destroy America, as they have been about to do for the past fifty years insofar as I can tell.
PZ Myers

fencerider

Trump just launched 50 Tomahawk missiles into Syria. There's no going back now.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hydra009

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 06, 2017, 06:36:14 PM
Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive.