News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by onyx, April 04, 2017, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onyx

Hello there. I'm new to the forum. I'm an atheist and have been since I was 5 or 6 years old. My family sent me to Catholic school, but it just never stuck.

It looks like you have a nice forum here. I'm looking forward to some good discussions.

Sorginak

Welcome to the forum. 

Mike Cl

Welcome.  Feel free to just dive right in.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solomon Zorn

Rock on, onyx!

This is nearly identical, to the second-rate onyx chess set that I had, when I was a teenager. Same shit-for-a-sculpt, but mine was a crisper black and white:

I just saw a report on CBS, about this guy, in Seattle, who has a collection of the biggest crystals on earth. It may not interest everyone, but I can appreciate it, because my dad was a rock-hound. We spent a lot of vacation time,  in my youth, in rock-shops, as we were travelling the US, visiting family. He would have had a rock, in his pants, if he had seen this guys museum:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lvm8D3bgOx4
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Once was a rock/fossil hunter myself.  That is why my BS minor is in geophysics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: onyx on April 04, 2017, 08:13:37 PM
Hello there. I'm new to the forum. I'm an atheist and have been since I was 5 or 6 years old. My family sent me to Catholic school, but it just never stuck.

It looks like you have a nice forum here. I'm looking forward to some good discussions.

Welcome too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

onyx

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on April 05, 2017, 05:44:39 AM
I just saw a report on CBS, about this guy, in Seattle, who has a collection of the biggest crystals on earth. It may not interest everyone, but I can appreciate it, because my dad was a rock-hound. We spent a lot of vacation time,  in my youth, in rock-shops, as we were travelling the US, visiting family. He would have had a rock, in his pants, if he had seen this guys museum:

I'm not a real rock aficionado, but I like looking in rock and mineral shops. They had some really interesting ones in Tucson AZ when I went there on vacation once.

onyx

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 05, 2017, 09:05:13 AM
Howdy!

Howdy! back at ya.... I like greyhounds too. I have never had a greyhound, but I've had other breeds of sighthounds. I've thought about adopting a greyhound from time to time, but my lifestyle just isn't right for it now.

Hydra009

Before the rest of the forum you see, answer me these questions three.

1)  How many crunchy tacos have you eaten?

2)  How many soft tacos have you eaten?

3)  Why?

Sal1981

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: onyx on April 05, 2017, 06:15:17 PM
Howdy! back at ya.... I like greyhounds too. I have never had a greyhound, but I've had other breeds of sighthounds. I've thought about adopting a greyhound from time to time, but my lifestyle just isn't right for it now.
(Cue some generic hip-hop beat...)
"Now you can pick a dog,
Or you can pick a god,
But if you pick a god,
You'll have to be  the dog."

Draconic Aiur

Hello, goodbye,  Gutang!

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on April 06, 2017, 12:13:03 PM
(Cue some generic hip-hop beat...)
"Now you can pick a dog,
Or you can pick a god,
But if you pick a god,
You'll have to be  the dog."

Nobody likes my hip-hop persona: C-Rapper...