Author Topic: The war on Easter  (Read 691 times)

Re: The war on Easter
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:54 AM »
Santa's a Ghurka?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline trdsf

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »
the Archbishop of York said calling the event the Cadbury Egg Hunt was like "spitting on the grave" of the firm's Christian founder, John Cadbury.
Yes, because Jesus hiding the eggs was such a central part of the bible story... sheesh.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 03:06:09 AM »
Yes, because Jesus hiding the eggs was such a central part of the bible story... sheesh.
  Yeah, Jesus slides down the chimney hiding hardboiled colored eggs all over the place.  His reindeer stay on the roof.  The Easter bunny helps him find good places for the eggs. 

But oddly, when I was a kid, I colored those eggs.  At 10, as the eldest child, I started to help my parents hide those eggs (as a kid, I knew the good places).  Jesus and the Easter Bunny slid off my list of real things around that time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead

Offline Mr.Obvious (OP)

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 12:24:59 PM »
Happy early easter everyone.
E = Mc²

In the end, we are all standing in the dark,
trying to figure out why we are here.
But let us not choose one direction
without proof of where it is headed.

Check your pocket for matches
so we can observe and learn together
as fast friends and relative idiots.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 12:52:42 PM »
Nothing says G-d like ... chocolate ;-)
שלום

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 03:48:28 PM »
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »
War on Ishtar? Isn't she a war Goddess? That seems like a bad fight to pick...

Offline Baruch

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2017, 12:52:47 AM »
War on Ishtar? Isn't she a war Goddess? That seems like a bad fight to pick...

Yes, scary.  She was one of the worst movies ever made "Ishtar (film)".
שלום