News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Tesla now worth more than Ford

Started by PopeyesPappy, April 04, 2017, 07:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 19, 2018, 01:04:22 AM
Who runs the companies is irrelevant. What matters is the usefulness to the user.  Everyone I know personally who has tried Mac software is surprised at how much control the user has over the file structure.

On the other hand, Windows Office( Word and Excel) beats Mac Pages and Numbers every way you look at them.  So I have a Mac platform but added Windows Office for Mac and get the best of both worlds.  Office for Mac isn't totally "Windows Word and Excel " (there are some missing features) but it sure is better overall.

And thank you for a rational post...

Well, computers aren't supernatural ... or are they?  Alien technology from 1948 Roswell, if sufficiently advanced, would look like magic, right?

Just loaded latest version of MacOS ... High Sierra.  I left Seri turned off.  I don't need an invasive help system that can act a Bob from CIA ... keylogger etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on April 15, 2018, 02:13:42 AM
I've been on both platforms and I have one of both.  Mac is better.  Finder is one of the best things EVER, and Mac gives me total control of organizing and creating folders.  Windows fights me about that.  And IT wants to control how I organize things.  I used to have control of my directory folders on Windows.  Now I have to practically beat the software into submission.
At this location we don't let inanimate objects outsmart us.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 19, 2018, 12:53:57 PM
At this location we don't let inanimate objects outsmart us.

So what is "This Location"?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Johan

Elon's semi truck could be a game changer. If he can get it built. And if its able to hit the projected endurance numbers. And if he's somehow able to get enough shippers and receivers to install change stations on their loading docks.

That's a lot of ifs. But should it come to pass, I know quite a few dinosaur truckers who are going to shit their britches when these electrics leap past them off the line and do it at a fraction of the operating cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtOzoqBjTaY
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

Must automate, to kill all unions, and eventually all employees, yeah!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Johan on April 24, 2018, 12:25:59 PM
Elon's semi truck could be a game changer. If he can get it built. And if its able to hit the projected endurance numbers. And if he's somehow able to get enough shippers and receivers to install change stations on their loading docks.

That's a lot of ifs. But should it come to pass, I know quite a few dinosaur truckers who are going to shit their britches when these electrics leap past them off the line and do it at a fraction of the operating cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtOzoqBjTaY
Let's just say that driverless trucks will be worse than distracted drivers for a decade.  I don't want to be on the road with either.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

It is a bad thing to drive your car on the railway tracks.  Driverless trucks turn the highways into railways.  The endless drive for efficiency, as part of the endless drive for profit ... profits humankind not.  This is why multiple trailer trucks are pushing to get even more longer ... only no stinkin' caboose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.