News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheist Youtuber converts to Islam

Started by Hydra009, April 01, 2017, 06:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDE30yphVMY

Personally, I'm not looking to convert anytime soon, but I understand Jacklyn's reasoning here.  And I've gotta say, she's making a great positive change in her life.  After that shameful Playboy photoshoot, I think it would really help her Spiritual Self to lead a more modest life.  Plus, she'd attract a more morally decent audience.

It's good to have a structure and purpose to life, and Islam really helps in building a peaceful, stable society.  Some countries don't do that so well, but that's only because they don't follow Islam correctly.  Salam means peace, so 'I-slam' literally means "I'm at peace."

There's been a lot of friction lately between predominantly white Western people and predominantly non-white Middle Eastern people, and it would really help smooth things over if Western people would meet them halfway.  Go to the same mosques, learn arabic, wear the same clothes, eat the same kebabs, etc.  If we can look past our cultural differences and give more respect and deference to our Muslim brothers and sisters and their deeply-held convictions, that would make the world a far more peaceful place.

Baruch

Sarcasm on your part?  Did she do it for the boy?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

FinalSomnia

Yeah, that totally isn't an April Fool's gag.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

SGOS

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I'm not buying it.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on April 02, 2017, 09:53:45 PM
I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I'm not buying it.

Happy April Fool Day, sigh...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

hrdlr110

Quote from: FinalSomnia on April 02, 2017, 09:03:23 PM
Yeah, that totally isn't an April Fool's gag.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

I like her videos, but she can't act! Never bought it for a second.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Hydra009

Quote from: hrdlr110 on April 06, 2017, 08:21:59 PM
I like her videos, but she can't act! Never bought it for a second.
Imho, April Fools jokes are supposed to be slightly hyperbolic or sarcastic.  There's supposed to be a bit of a tell.  You're not trying to pull of a masterful deception, you're trying to say ludicrous (or at least implausible) stuff in a tongue-in cheek manner.  The only people who are supposed to fall for April Fools jokes are actual fools.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 06, 2017, 10:12:02 PM
Imho, April Fools jokes are supposed to be slightly hyperbolic or sarcastic.  There's supposed to be a bit of a tell.
The tell was evident when she started laughing at herself for making the statement, "I want to be a man's property.  There's something oddly romantic about that."  Her laugh actually struck me as a bit forced like she was waving a flag and pleading with the audience, "OMG, please don't take me seriously.  I know I'm supposed to appear serious for the purpose of the joke, but the idea that you may think I actually feel that way is not the image I want anyone to be left with.  Please don't take this too seriously."

For me, I had the feeling, that she was unconsciously needing to confess.  "I want to do an effective fool's joke, but not at my own expense, so I'm waving a huge tell at you right now."

Baruch

Men trying to read women?  No success there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Cavebear

And it doesn't even matter.  People do change religions, choose one, or give up one all the time.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2017, 08:25:35 AM
And it doesn't even matter.  People do change religions, choose one, or give up one all the time.
It doesn't matter?  If she really did choose to become a Muslim, then I have to change my whole fantasy structure about her.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on April 07, 2017, 08:29:53 AM
It doesn't matter?  If she really did choose to become a Muslim, then I have to change my whole fantasy structure about her.

Your fantasies aren't my concern.