News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Started by Mr.Obvious, April 01, 2017, 05:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Hey,

A lot of you are not going to care about this all that much. I know, and that's fine. The ones that will in any case may even just think: 'making such a big deal out of it, you pretentious douche?' And I guess that's about right, really. But seeing as it's been a few years and there are a few people in here who I genuinely would feel bad about not giving a heads up about leaving, I feel compelled to make this message none the less.

Over the last few months, I've realized I don't really belong here. I'm not saying it's the forum. But I just can't get into the way we seem to be drowning in a our own semen from non-stop circle-jerking in this enclosed echo-chamber.  We've become far too militant. And we seem to be desperate to prove to ourselves that God doesn't exist, when in reality, we really shouldn't even be thinking about it. In short, being in this community is going against the things I uphold as a freethinker. As a skeptic. And I can't have that anymore. I hope you guys understand.

I'd like to get a few more things off my chest before I leave.

@Solomon Zorn , your poems are rather bland.
@Hijiri Byakuren , godzilla is overrated. And so is RWBY.
@Baruch , I appreciate how straightforward you've always been in your posts. But I dislike that you put clarity in your words over creativity.
@Shiranu & @pr126 I'm sorry I didn't get to know you two any better, but I wish you the best of luck in your life together. I'm rooting for you crazy kids.
@aitm , I think you should try being a little less kind-hearted. Don't let people walk all over you. Put some bite in those posts of yours.
@wolf39us , you should be ashamed of yourself; keeping this filth of a website running.
@Hydra009 , grow a sense of humor, man.

If I haven't named you. I'm sorry. But don't feel bad. It's simply that saying goodbye is too difficult.

Goodb...

See, can't even do it properly.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sorginak

Solomon Zorn

I sincerely hope this is an April Fools joke, Brother. I  would genuinely miss you...
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Hydra009

Shiranu

Dude, me and prs kids would be the shit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Hey Zorak, don't let Space Ghost get you down ;-)  You are one of my favorites.  Like Hercule Poirot, minus the little mustache.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 01, 2017, 05:58:09 PM

@aitm , I think you should try being a little less kind-hearted. Don't let people walk all over you. Put some bite in those

There are plenty of people in the world all to eager to bite. I have little need of it. You cannot be walked on by those you stand above. Take care my friend, I hope to see you again.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gilgamesh

If this is serious then just know that out of AF.org, AF.com and thinking atheist forums, this is by far the least circle-jerky. Those other places suck (also they both banned me - the fucking cunts.) If you don't suck lefty cock you'll become both a target for mocking and for banning.

SGOS

aitm

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 01, 2017, 11:16:34 PM
this is by far the least circle-jerky.

I think we just got a compliment.......not sure...